Headed to Bermuda and we have some questions please!

marynjason

19 hours ago, marynjason said:

Hi all. We’re headed on the Joy last week of May.

Wondering will the temperature be like and will the water srill be chilly? 
any must places to eat? Go to? 

Please help me plan our vacation! ♥️

Temps in the 75-80+range. Humidity building. Ocean temps low 70s. Frog and Onion restaurant in the Dockyard, Swizzle Inn a short distance away ( taxi, bus ride). Numerous other wonderful places to eat around the islands. Be prepared for sticker shock, as everything is imported and prices can be in the stratosphere!

Spend a day at the beach! Horseshoe ranks among some of the world's finest beaches. Tobacco Bay in St. Georges is great for snorkeling. It's a protected , shallow swimming area, great for kids. Snorkeling equipment is available for rent. NCL runs a free ferry to St. Georges. You'll have a ferry schedule in your cabin.

You can also do mini-golf in the Dockyard, visit the zoo/aquarium, go through the caves, rent a moped ( not recommended), rent a pedal bike, go jet skiing, do a glass bottom boat, go for a sunset cruise to the "Bermuda Triangle", play golf on some of the world's finest courses, etc.

All of these things to do have multiple web sites on the net, FYI. NCL has excursions to do most things. If you want to save significant dollars over NCL pricing, book your excursions privately, or use public transportation ( which is cheap and very good) to plan your own. Happy Cruising!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, marynjason said:

Hi all. We’re headed on the Joy last week of May.

Wondering will the temperature be like and will the water srill be chilly? 
any must places to eat? Go to? 

Please help me plan our vacation! ♥️

Forgot to mention. Tobacco Bay from ferry terminal is about a mile walk, more or less. About 20 minutes. Uphill. ( Downhill on return!) If not into walking, shuttle/ taxi service available in King's Square.

Used to be $7.00 per carload, not sure of pricing today.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Temps in the 75-80+range. Humidity building. Ocean temps low 70s. Frog and Onion restaurant in the Dockyard, Swizzle Inn a short distance away ( taxi, bus ride).

Water temp is relative. To me it is cool at the end of May but I can adjust to it after 30 seconds. The Swizzle Inn is not a short distance from the Dockyard. It is on the other end of the island. A long distance either by bus or taxi. The shortest way to ge there is a ferry to St. George (45 minutes) then a taxi or bus. (another 15 minutes)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 11:13 AM, cruiserbear55 said:

Forgot to mention. Tobacco Bay from ferry terminal is about a mile walk, more or less. About 20 minutes. Uphill. ( Downhill on return!) If not into walking, shuttle/ taxi service available in King's Square.

Used to be $7.00 per carload, not sure of pricing today.

WHICH ferry are you referring too?

15 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

The Spirit of St.George, the free ferry for NCL passengers that runs from the Dockyard to St. George.

does anyone know how far tobacco bay is from the orange ferry? how would I get there if I cant walk? how about crystal caves

33 minutes ago, brnsofia said:

does anyone know how far tobacco bay is from the orange ferry? how would I get there if I cant walk? how about crystal caves

Take a taxi from St. George's to Tobacco Bay or Crystal Caves, because it is a couple blocks to walk to get up to the road where the bus will stop, and if memory serves me correctly, it is a little bit of a hill.

1 hour ago, brnsofia said:

Tobacco Bay is about a 15 to 20 minutes walk from the ferry dock but  if you can’t walk it you can take a taxi. You might have to walk 5 minutes to the town square to get a taxi. To get from the ferry to Crystal Caves you must take a taxi or a public bus.