Questions about the upcoming cruise

lucas34

I would check a few things regarding the upcoming Sky Princess cruise next June:

-after the final payment, if the cruise line offers upgrande, when is it usually?

-when I can print my luggage labels?

-when you can choose the check-in time (in the passenger contract it says that for my own cruise, check-in would only start at 12.30pm at the earliest, even though the ship sails at 4pm from Southampton/UK (is this possible)?

-if the travel agency offers a free special dinner, etc. shouldn't it appear in my onboard credit account?

2 hours ago, lucas34 said:

I would check a few things regarding the upcoming Sky Princess cruise next June:

-after the final payment, if the cruise line offers upgrande, when is it usually?

I had offers right away, but they were the new "bid to upgrade"

-when I can print my luggage labels?

Luggage tags are usually printable 75 days out

-when you can choose the check-in time (in the passenger contract it says that for my own cruise, check-in would only start at 12.30pm at the earliest, even though the ship sails at 4pm from Southampton/UK (is this possible)?

Arrival times in my experience has always been around 30 days out from cruise

-if the travel agency offers a free special dinner, etc. shouldn't it appear in my onboard credit account?

Never had experience with this one

Please see answers in red above by clicking the expand arrow attached file of your questions.

Edited by Moondogy
To better explain instrutions

27 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

Please see answers in red above by clicking the expand arrow attached file of your questions.

The OP is from Finland,  and therefore cannot participate in the bidding process (like us Brits)

We were able to book boarding times for our April Sky cruise around 60 days out. Earliest boarding time is 11am.  However,  in my experience boarding times are not enforced at Southampton. 

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

The OP is from Finland,  and therefore cannot participate in the bidding process (like us Brits)

We were able to book boarding times for our April Sky cruise around 60 days out. Earliest boarding time is 11am.  However,  in my experience boarding times are not enforced at Southampton. 

Thanks for the info, I don't think boarding times are enforced anywhere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moondogy said:

Thanks for the info, I don't think boarding times are enforced anywhere.

Actually, P&O do enforce boarding times in Southampton,  which is not unreasonable with the new 5000 pax ships. Turn up early,  and you can have a long wait. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Actually, P&O do enforce boarding times in Southampton,  which is not unreasonable with the new 5000 pax ships. Turn up early,  and you can have a long wait. 

I'm confused. I thought we were talking about a Princess cruise.

• Thanks 1