Dirty gin martini on Freedom

renji

Any recommendations for a place to have a good one on Freedom? Will mostly hang in Boleros and am in a suite so will have access to suite lounge. I’m thinking not to do the package, will have two max a day but do have coffee and sparkling water.  Can/Should I bring my own olives? What’s the vermouth situation?

Yes, I recognize this is a first world issue 🙂

Edited by renji

37 minutes ago, renji said:

Any recommendations for a place to have a good one on Freedom?

The bartender will be more important than the location. See if the suite lounge one is good enough for you, then try other locations.

• Like 1

It shouldn't be necessary to bring your own olives, unless you prefer something very specific. On our last cruise, they were stringing three or four small pimento-stuffed olives on a pick for martinis. I've not seen premium vermouths in use. It would likely be Martini & Rossi, to my recollection.

I think I saw Hendrick's and Bombay Sapphire on a top shelf there. Rest would be your liver cirrhosis well special. I think your best bet is to watch and direct your drink prep for several reasons. Bartenders are Asia therefore it is not their drink of choice personally and would be similar to American understanding the Chinese plum wine grades. They only have small spanish pimento filled olives. very often beat up and dried so juice can be an issue. no other variety. With drink packages going crazy the culinary value of each drink went down and I see lots of inconsistency with repeat orders even from the same bar same evening. I guess they think one can always get another one if one does not like the drink. When you pay for them per drink - upsetting