Seaview Drydock

trfccruiser

Hi, just off the Seaview, dry dock in Valletta for two weeks, according to crew huge refit. Few niggles on our repositioning fro Rio to Barcelona, ports cancelled, food not spectacular, no breakfast teabags yes really, argument with head waiter who tried to convince me the cheese served with the pasta was Parmesan never in a hundred years was it so. 11 days into cruise before we had Parmesan on a Italian ship,terrible. Coffee and fruit juices at breakfast where disgusting.Entertainment could have been better, however it did cater for the largest percentage of guests.Ship is beautiful, staff where wonderful, met some really nice people, water chutes are terrific. All in all enjoyed the experience, would I sail again with MSC, my initial reply would have be no, however they offered us 25% off our next cruise with no time limit on take up. So yes would sail again only for this reason.

• Like 1

We were supposed to board this cruise from Barcelona on April 22nd. We received a cancellation email and now difficult to find any suitable alternative cruise within our planned dates. 
Discussing with our travel agent to transfer us to Either World europa or Seashore but it is asking for 900 USD extra per cabin, we have booked 2 cabins. This is really a nerve wracking period as we have flights, hotels and other travel within europe are booked which can not be altered much , especially flights!!!!

Does anyone have any idea if they could get in touch with MSC or Agent to arrange a smoother transfer! Especially without extra money!

22 minutes ago, sclaren said:

We were supposed to be on the Seaview from April 28th - may 5th and got canceled 

So sorry it is so disappointing.I knew it was up until the 5th but this lady on facebook has said the 12th .We go the 5th it's so puzzling.

I wonder what they are going to change, and if we will be notified of these changes. We go away at the end of September, so would be interesting to see what changes are made. I hope those of you who have been cancelled can find alternative options.

37 minutes ago, RBrowny said:

I wonder what they are going to change, and if we will be notified of these changes. We go away at the end of September, so would be interesting to see what changes are made. I hope those of you who have been cancelled can find alternative options.

It's in dry dock for engine repairs and I think carpet refurbishments etc still not heard anymore about the date for sailing again.

2 hours ago, BiddyFlip3 said:

Cruise for 5th May cancelled this morning not happy..😪

Sorry to hear that.  Did they give you any other information about when they expect to resume?  I’m scheduled for departure end of May 😢

57 minutes ago, Mm259 said:

Sorry to hear that.  Did they give you any other information about when they expect to resume?  I’m scheduled for departure end of May 😢

Hi they have given us nothing..no information at all but everything on the app we purchased has dissapeared and our cruise now shows as going from Rome on the 3rd.A lady on facebook has had hers changed from the 3rd to the 5th crazy!. T A knows nothing but is ringing us tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, Abigwave said:

Hi. 4 of us are scheduled to go on the 12th May…. Here’s hoping ! We are in the same boat ( pardon the pun)with flights and hotels etc….

As far as I can see we are cancelled 5th to 12th so you may just be lucky.Fingers crossed.

20 minutes ago, Tabcruisers said:

We are hopefully travelling out from Barcelona on the 13th may. If it is cancelled would we be reimbursed for flights etc? We booked through *****.

Not sure what they will do I think it depends if you booked a package like us or flights seperate.They wont pay for flights if seperate that would be covered by insurance maybe

I was booked on MSC Seaside last October, which was cancelled due to the unforeseen dry-dock.   My experience was the phone agents were quite unaware, but we got rebooked on an alternative cruise through email back and forth.

European terms and conditions tend to allow you to change to another cruise more flexibly than MSC's email offer - I found it helpful to remind them of this.  The terms and conditions are in the booking confirmation email (as a pdf), if you want to check what they were when you booked.  We rebooked on a cruise that was considerably more expensive than the one we booked (without any extra payment), but without any OBC.  Even with a happy ending it still leaves a bad taste how MSC handled it.

15. Cancellation by MSC Cruises

15.1 MSC Cruises reserves the right to cancel any Contract at any time by giving written notice to the Passenger but shall not be liable for additional compensation, if:
(i) the cancellation is due to an event of Unavoidable and Extraordinary Circumstances and/or any unusual /or unforeseeable circumstances beyond MSC Cruises’ control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided by MSC Cruises even though it has exercised all due care;
(ii) the number of persons enrolled for the Holiday Package is smaller than the 50% of the passenger capacity of the relevant ship.
In both cases above, MSC Cruises will offer the Passenger the choice of:
a) Receiving a full refund of all money paid; or
b) Booking another Contract from the brochure and/or from the Official Website of equivalent or superior quality at no extra cost, if available; or
c) Booking another Contract from the brochure and/or from the Official Website of lower quality, if available, with a refund of the difference in price.

15.2 The Passenger’s decision must be notified to MSC Cruises in writing or via their Sales Agent within 7 days of the notice of cancellation or otherwise instructed by MSC Cruises’ communication.

11 hours ago, 8420PR said:

I was booked on MSC Seaside last October, which was cancelled due to the unforeseen dry-dock.   My experience was the phone agents were quite unaware, but we got rebooked on an alternative cruise through email back and forth.

European terms and conditions tend to allow you to change to another cruise more flexibly than MSC's email offer - I found it helpful to remind them of this.  The terms and conditions are in the booking confirmation email (as a pdf), if you want to check what they were when you booked.  We rebooked on a cruise that was considerably more expensive than the one we booked (without any extra payment), but without any OBC.  Even with a happy ending it still leaves a bad taste how MSC handled it.

15. Cancellation by MSC Cruises

15.1 MSC Cruises reserves the right to cancel any Contract at any time by giving written notice to the Passenger but shall not be liable for additional compensation, if:
(i) the cancellation is due to an event of Unavoidable and Extraordinary Circumstances and/or any unusual /or unforeseeable circumstances beyond MSC Cruises’ control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided by MSC Cruises even though it has exercised all due care;
(ii) the number of persons enrolled for the Holiday Package is smaller than the 50% of the passenger capacity of the relevant ship.
In both cases above, MSC Cruises will offer the Passenger the choice of:
a) Receiving a full refund of all money paid; or
b) Booking another Contract from the brochure and/or from the Official Website of equivalent or superior quality at no extra cost, if available; or
c) Booking another Contract from the brochure and/or from the Official Website of lower quality, if available, with a refund of the difference in price.

15.2 The Passenger’s decision must be notified to MSC Cruises in writing or via their Sales Agent within 7 days of the notice of cancellation or otherwise instructed by MSC Cruises’ communication.

Thanks for that information we haven't a clue what we are doing.MSC app has our cruise back to normal.MSC website you can't book until 6th May from Barcelona..just received an upgrade email for the 3rd May with no cabin number I wish they would sort it we have..2 hotels..flights booked...taxi..cattery..and time off work.Waiting for our TA to let us know today what's going on.We are booked for a week from the 5th May and hotels either side of that.

I still received emails about the cancelled cruise until the day before departure....

But, it looks like 3rd May from Rome is the first planned cruise on MSC Seaview after drydock.  MSC have loaded the new partial cruises typical for the beginning of a new route - eg:

- Rome to Barcelona (3 nights)

- Rome to Canes (4 nights)

All the above are new (this week I think) and bookable on Italian and German websites.

1 hour ago, 8420PR said:

I still received emails about the cancelled cruise until the day before departure....

But, it looks like 3rd May from Rome is the first planned cruise on MSC Seaview after drydock.  MSC have loaded the new partial cruises typical for the beginning of a new route - eg:

- Rome to Barcelona (3 nights)

- Rome to Canes (4 nights)

All the above are new (this week I think) and bookable on Italian and German websites.

Thank you so much for this information I am still waiting to hear for certain.It's all so confusing.I am talking to an Italian lady on facebook hers is changed back to the 3rd from Rome but her cabin has been changed.We haven't a clue what's going on🤨

16 hours ago, Tabcruisers said:

We are hopefully travelling out from Barcelona on the 13th may. If it is cancelled would we be reimbursed for flights etc? We booked through *****.

No flight reimbursements.

On 3/30/2023 at 3:40 AM, perakcruiser said:

Maybe MSC is willing to let you change for the World Europa that sails exactly the same dates. You have to make it to Barcelona however. 

Unfortunately, MSC is typically not very friendly or flexible when it comes to cancellations and such.

For me, they cancelled a cruise on a new ship (Euriba) and took me from an unobstructed balcony in a good location to an extreme bow cabin, partially obstructed with a steel balcony on an old ship (Fantasia).  They did offer $50 credit per person (whoopee), but nothing more.

There was a cruise on a new ship (World Europa) the next day out of the same port.  I asked if they could price match to that ship or even move over the $50pp credit and the answers were no.  I asked if they could move me from the steel bow balcony on Fantasia, and they refused to move my cabin, saying it was "locked", which actually should be allowed, as it was a Fantastica booking w/one change allowed, especially since they cancelled my original sailing.

Edited by Stockjock

We are still waiting on our confirmation. The cruise is in 19 days and everytime i call, i get the answer that they are working on it. We changed from seaview to seashore but they havent changed the drinking package, not credited the Board credit, not reembursed is for our paid Trips and still want 4000 € on top for 4. Yet we get Emails for buying Upgrades or Trips. I wonder how much länger we should wait before contacting a lawyer

• 2 weeks later...

Today 10 days before the the cruise after several emails back and forth to the ceo Geneva (who replied) we received a confirmation. Had to party with champagne. We are on the ship finally! !  Be percistant never give up. Called EVERY DAY and lord knows how many emails all the, way up to the big ceo in genev5. I am sure they they gladly got tired of me as I got tired of writing 🙂 see all of you on board

• Like 1