Seaview Drydock

trfccruiser

• 2 weeks later...

Her one engine is limping at best. Have a friend on her this week and they have to replace one of the engines. She said cancellations will most probably happen....

Edited by mmbcater

unfortunately we are 4 cruisers who got a cancellation letter yesterday. Our cruise was supposed to be leaving April 28th - May 5th and now we can not find a cruise for the same date, with 4 single cabins. The flight we booked to Palma is "our" problem as well. Not too happy about it. I have cruised with MSC several times and something like this never happend

1 hour ago, sclaren said:

unfortunately we are 4 cruisers who got a cancellation letter yesterday. Our cruise was supposed to be leaving April 28th - May 5th and now we can not find a cruise for the same date, with 4 single cabins. The flight we booked to Palma is "our" problem as well. Not too happy about it. I have cruised with MSC several times and something like this never happend

Sorry to hear that if they have cancelled the cruise they should help you with the flights I wouldn't give up on that one.Good luck!

Thank you. Luck is what we need. They dont because we have booked the flight seperatly like probably 1000 others. MSC said " for all other expenses eg hotel flight contact the provider"  

Maybe MSC is willing to let you change for the World Europa that sails exactly the same dates. You have to make it to Barcelona however. 

2 hours ago, sclaren said:

Tried that but no cabins, but after the 7th call we got the seashore from Marseille. Luck Was with us. Happy cruising 😀

i´m boarding the seashore at 29th in Genova.

Boarding after that cruise the seaview if not getting cancelled.

Edited by Steff79

Hi Mags 1962, no no extras but it took alot of nerves and several phone calls. We was promised the same cabin with 150 E boardmoney. First they werent any cabins on any ship at that time. Now all of the sudden 11 balconys (we have 4) but they forgot to add the drinking package, the boardmoney and we was added a cancellation fee!!! 😞 Now we have to wait for the confirmation. Hopefully this is coming through, because I am close to being a nervous wreck. It is not like we have 3 more months and we already changed the flights, of course with an extra charge, from Palma to Marseille.

@Steff79...see you in Genova 🙂 Hopefully. Keeping fingers crossed for all of us 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mags1962 said:

Thanks  for replying I can only get interior  cabin now had balcony  booked and its twice the price! also have flights  and hotels booked either side of cruise  nightmare!

Mag please don't let them fool you. You didn't get an email that you will get the same cabin as booked with no charges extra? This morning they also told us only interior cabins but I went online to look for that cruise and I was able to book online balcony (yes for double the price) but I called and asked if they don't want to give us cabins and they guy denied and said they had 11 balconies on deck 13 and 14. Do not go for less then you booked. I wouldn't have accepted a interior for double the money. We booked in December. Of course now it is more but that shouldn't be our problem. Be stubborn. Wishing hard nerves your way and lots energy and hopefully get to meet you on a balcony on the seashore lol

and we was added a cancellation fee!!! 😞 Now we have to wait for the confirmation. Hopefully this is coming through, because I am close to being a nervous wreck.

That with the cancellation fee is normal unfortunately. Even if the rep on the phone already told you the cancellation fee will be waived, first you get a new booking confirmation with the cancellation fee. And possibly a much higher price. BUT the price will be adjusted. First I could see it online in the payment section that the price was correct again. But I did not get a new confirmation PDF automatically, for this I had to call again. Was a little bit frightened that this call could hurt the booking again, but it didn´t 🙂

First they werent any cabins on any ship at that time.

As I said in another topic, sure they have cabins. Cabins they blocked for only to be booked with a flight from MSC. Good that you insisted until they gave you this cabins! 

1 hour ago, perakcruiser said:

That with the cancellation fee is normal unfortunately. Even if the rep on the phone already told you the cancellation fee will be waived, first you get a new booking confirmation with the cancellation fee. And possibly a much higher price. BUT the price will be adjusted. First I could see it online in the payment section that the price was correct again. But I did not get a new confirmation PDF automatically, for this I had to call again. Was a little bit frightened that this call could hurt the booking again, but it didn´t 🙂

As I said in another topic, sure they have cabins. Cabins they blocked for only to be booked with a flight from MSC. Good that you insisted until they gave you this cabins! 

Wow thanks for that insight. You are so right, I am glad I insisted. @mag1962 please consider and be insistent too:) 

1 hour ago, perakcruiser said:

Thank you so much parakcruiser:) 

9 minutes ago, sclaren said:

Wow thanks for that insight.

You're welcome! Just to be correct, let me add that there are much more reasons for blocked cabins. For example on your route in the Western Med some cabins are blocked for each port with embarkation. It is all very complicated🙂 

7 minutes ago, mags1962 said:

Thanks I will call again tomorrow  what about the obc does it show on conformation  pdf, how do you know if its applied Thanks

What are obc? I think parakcruiser is the better choice to answer. I am new to all this Desaster 🙂 glad I found this community though. So many helpful tips