Online check in App..minimum requirements

Jimmy 1

Ill be traveling when check in starts so i dont want to complete everything. Can i only request our embarkation time on the App and return later to complete ?

Also, is the photo able to be uploaded from a file or must it be taken with camera?

From my experience you have to do the full check in. 
you can use a photo from your photo library. If you wear glasses make certain you take them off for your photo. I wasted 30 mins trying to use a picture with glasses on (didn’t read the small print) finally saw that and used my iPad (what I was using to check in) and took one with no make up, hair going every which way and in my PJ .

• Haha 1

From my experience, you'll have to complete the entire check-in if you want to select your embarkation time.  It is in the same section where you'll need to upload your photo, either from a file or taken with your device.  I've done it both ways.  The last three trips, I could not get my address verified when entering on my laptop, but it did work using the app.  The embarkation time was not saved until the entire process was completed.  You can complete check-in up to 21 days in advance

Regarding picture, think of your passport picture.  Best results with neutral background and picture about the same face-to-background ratio as your passport.  I usually snap two tries with different ratios so I have a choice if first try fails.

And no matter what picture you use or how good it is, it seems they're still going to take a new one when you arrive to the port, so be sure to do your hair and makeup before heading to the ship...

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, julig22 said:

When I tried to check in for an upcoming cruise while still onboard a different ship I couldn't access the emuster video and wasn't able to complete check-in.

The IT guy said it was a common problem.

There is no e muster video, it’s in person now

Can we skip the picture part of it? My sister will be going with us and she is not computer literate so I will be doing her check in for her and don't have a picture of her.. Hopefully I can do it.

8 minutes ago, janpa70 said:

Can we skip the picture part of it? My sister will be going with us and she is not computer literate so I will be doing her check in for her and don't have a picture of her.. Hopefully I can do it.

Can't skip it but people seem to get by with using any picture that fits the requirements.  They'll take one at the port if they don't like what you submit.