Breakaway Questions for sailing Italy/Greece cruise in October 23 - new sailing Norwegian🛳️⚓️

KCfromMontana

Hi All! I am new sailing Norwegian. I sailed Disney years ago and have some questions as we learn the ropes again!

1. Are there any self serve water/soda filling stations on the breakaway that we can refill a personal metal water bottle with? (Disney cruise line had this and now airports have water filling stations). Wondering if we should bring our own for convenience of refills?

2. New to injectable medications, can you bring the injectable pens, needle tips and sharps containers on board as well as store them in refrigerator in room (we have a standard balcony room).

3. Does all of you baggage get checked and you have to wait for it later to be delivered to your stateroom or can you bring a carryon? If you bring a carryon, do you have to cart it around with you all afternoon or will you have access to your stateroom sooner that you can drop it off in there?

I am sure I will have more questions but wanted to start with these for now!

Any tips/tricks that anyone can share for Norwegian would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

(1) Yes, you can bring a re-fillable water bottle.  There are places to get water on board ship.  You will probably have to pay for soda.

(2) Do not know if the min-frig in your cabin will be cold enough for your medications.  Go on Norwegian's webpage toward the very bottom "Accessible Cruising" and see what it says.  I know that you can get "sharpie" containers for your cabin.

(3) With rooms not be avilable until later in the day, you might what to check as much liggage as you can.  On some of the smaller ships, there is usually a place to check your carryons, but I do not remember seeing anything like that on the "Away" ships.

Enjoy your cruise

59 minutes ago, KCfromMontana said:

Thank you for those replies.

If I have the premium drink package included (Free at Sea) then I believe soda is included and I should not have to pay separate for soda, correct?

I am not sure but I think that is correct.