The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday March 24th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

10 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Now days, I don't see many places where there is parallel parking.  Thank goodness.

Another of the many reasons I won't drive in Seattle.  Lots of parallel parking there.  Thank goodness DH is quite expert at it.  I'll look for other parking no matter how long it takes. 😉  

19 hours ago, dfish said:

The problem is those misbehaving parathyroid glands are far more than annoying.  When one thing in the body goes off kilter, others tend to follow.  The condition can weaken bones, cause muscle and joint pain, damage kidneys, interfere with brain function, and on occasion, mess with your heart.  She doesn't want to play around with this.  The surgery is really an easy one.  I was tired yesterday but today I've been to the grocery store, been to the gardens, visited the butterflies, and I'm getting ready to make dinner and host a dinner party.  

The antacids did the trick last night and I have been fine today.   Ready to take on the world!!

Debbie I sent this to Barbara and she wants you to know how much she appreciates this.  It really helps her to know how well you did and how easy it was.  I'm glad she knows this before talking to the surgeon next month.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I had previously seen my doctor with costo chrondritus pain and I felt okay and had took 3 full strength Aspirin but Pauline insisted so I drove the 3 miles to my doctor's surgery which is attached to our city hospital.

I parked and went in to my doctor's and when I mentioned the unusual pain  told me to go to ER a short walk away for ECG as there was no nurse available at the surgery to do an ECG.

All of my tests (ECG, physical check)were good and the consultant said I was fine but when Pauline mentioned my mam's dad died of a heart attack aged 53 the consultant decided as a precaution to wait for the  blood test result and it was the blood test that showed heart enzymes which was the heart attack marker and I was rushed to cardiac care.

I had 1 cardiac stent fitted 2 days later during an angioplasty procedure and the surgeon said there appeared to be no heart damage probably due to taking the high dose aspirin and early diagnosis.

Oh, that's so lucky the consultant was thorough and cautious!  Thanks for sharing your experience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Another of the many reasons I won't drive in Seattle.  Lots of parallel parking there.  Thank goodness DH is quite expert at it.  I'll look for other parking no matter how long it takes. 😉  

Debbie I sent this to Barbara and she wants you to know how much she appreciates this.  It really helps her to know how well you did and how easy it was.  I'm glad she knows this before talking to the surgeon next month.

Another place with lots of parallel parking is downtown Ann Arbor, Michigan.  Lucky for me I figured it all out as I got more experienced at it.  

• Like 3