Uber/Lyft cost from cruise pier to LAX

travellingnana

There is a cost estimating feature in the Uber website. Make sure you use it at approximately the time you need the ride...8am on a Sunday morning,  for example,  if that is when you get off your cruise, to gauge demand.

It's very likely Uber will be less expensive,  unless you run into surge prices. 

7 hours ago, travellingnana said:

Anyone recently take Uber or Lyft to LAX after your cruise?  I’m trying to compare that cost to a Princess transfer…which is $34 each. Thanks

For one person, the $34 is probably unbeatable. For more than one, Uber/Lyft is probably cheaper, certainly easier and faster.

Cost depends on the day and how many ships are in. On a weekend with one ship I'd expect Uber to be $45-60, depending a traffic conditions, etc.

On a weekday or multiple ships in, maybe $60-80, but even at the high end I'd choose that over a Princess transfer.

Just now, scottca075 said:

For one person, the $34 is probably unbeatable. For more than one, Uber/Lyft is probably cheaper, certainly easier and faster.

Cost depends on the day and how many ships are in. On a weekend with one ship I'd expect Uber to be $45-60, depending a traffic conditions, etc.

On a weekday or multiple ships in, maybe $60-80, but even at the high end I'd choose that over a Princess transfer.

Thank you!

I just had to deal with this a couple of weeks ago.  I would agree that if you are more than 1 person, then Uber or even a cab would probably be cheaper than the transfers.

The thing that was frustrating was that it was very hard to actually get my Uber order to be picked up by a driver.  My suspicion is that the drivers reject the orders until a sufficiently high surge order comes in... and I think that works for them because it's a bit of madness when everyone is getting off the ship.

Eventually, my order got picked up, but it was after about an hour and the crowds had thinned out. I was avoiding the bad surge rates that went up to $90, and trying to get under $40.  I think I got $38.

My take away and advice would be... if you are not pressed for time, then just chill and not worry for an hour and then take an Uber for a good rate. If you are a little more pressed for time, then I would suggest waiting for a taxi, which I think was $65-$70.  There will be a line, but you won't have to worry about the unpredictability of an Uber driver actually picking up your order. YMMV

• Like 1