Has Anyone Used the Shareholder Credit?

burnsva

32 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Just to follow up, I have seen a form to fill out which may be the same form they sent you. The one I have is a pdf form with Cunard logos titled "Carnival shareholder benefit request form." One of the options listed for returning the form is to email it to "sb@cunard.com". Where does your form say to send it? Or were you instructed to send it somewhere else?

The return form does have the sb@cunard.com address. 
I double checked and I copy/pasted the sb@… incompletely!  Anyway, good to know that we can use the Cunard site to also get questions answered.

Thank you @bluemarblefor the follow-up to make sure everything is correct. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, techteach said:

I’m having trouble finding the form we have to fill out and submit. If anyone has the pdf (U.S.) could you please post it?

Also, try this email: GeneralInquiries@cunard.com

Very helpful763CCA39-C9AA-4BC1-972C-3ADA49C964C6.thumb.jpeg.a927ba89fb25b15123744217e2de62af.jpeg

1 hour ago, techteach said:

I’m having trouble finding the form we have to fill out and submit. If anyone has the pdf (U.S.) could you please post it?

The form is not required. I include the information which is requested on the "Carnival Corporation & plc Shareholder Benefit" page within the text of the email message.

- Complete legal name

- Reservation/booking number

- Ship

- Sailing date

Then of course I also attach my proof of ownership of 100 shares of Carnival stock. In my case, that's the appropriate page from my brokerage statement with my mailing address and account number blacked out as instructed.

If you wish to use the "Carnival shareholder benefit request form", here is what I have as a fillable PDF form for use in the US.

ShareholderForm.pdf

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, techteach said:

I am curious about the Feb. booking date requirement.

The shareholder benefit is renewed each year as part of the Carnival Corporation & plc Annual Report issued February/March. Each year the benefit is extended to sailings through July 31 of the following year with reservations to be made by February 28 of that year.

Currently the shareholder benefit has been extended to sailings through July 31, 2024 with reservations to be made by February 28, 2024. Assuming the benefit is extended again next February/March, the benefit should then apply to sailings through July 31, 2025 with reservations to be made by February 28, 2025.

Those dates are basically a moving target with no practical limitation unless the benefit should not be renewed for whatever reason.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2023 at 2:59 AM, bluemarble said:

The shareholder benefit is renewed each year as part of the Carnival Corporation & plc Annual Report issued February/March. Each year the benefit is extended to sailings through July 31 of the following year with reservations to be made by February 28 of that year.

Currently the shareholder benefit has been extended to sailings through July 31, 2024 with reservations to be made by February 28, 2024. Assuming the benefit is extended again next February/March, the benefit should then apply to sailings through July 31, 2025 with reservations to be made by February 28, 2025.

Those dates are basically a moving target with no practical limitation unless the benefit should not be renewed for whatever reason.

The issue is that, with the level of debt they are carrying, the company isn’t worth what it once was, and in their position I’d be looking for a chance to raise the number of qualifying shares needed from the current 100.

55 minutes ago, IB2 said:

The issue is that, with the level of debt they are carrying, the company isn’t worth what it once was, and in their position I’d be looking for a chance to raise the number of qualifying shares needed from the current 100.

If they were thinking of increasing the holding of  number of  shares to qualify for shareholder OBC I think they would have done it recently and not leave it until next year.

2 hours ago, IB2 said:

This benefit is a great but small bonus for being a loyal CCL passenger when a lot of of perks for being a repeat customer are reduced .It's limited to one per cabin though both DW and I have shares . We think of it as a little sweetener .

Yes the debt load is huge but why would CCL increase the number of shares required and piss off repeat customers ? What's their debt have to do with dolling out this minor OBC ? Think of it as a marketing promotion .

• Like 1

I just got $100 OBC with 100 shares of CCL and heard back with a confirm in 24 hours. 
Really Really easy. 
All customer service with Cunard has been excellent. 

Edited by NE John

What is nice about Shareholder OBC’s on Cunard unlike many other cruise lines , is that they are “stackable” with other OBC’s such as Military, Cunard Sale  , Cunard Group amenity , TA , Future Cruise .

I have them all on our next QM2 in May 😁

Edited by MCC retired