How is the Caribbean Princess?

Dreamcruiser185

On 3/27/2023 at 11:25 AM, Dreamcruiser185 said:

We went on the Sky Princess a couple of weeks ago.  The wife and I really liked the ship and Princess line,  it was our first cruise with Princess.  The cruise was a 9 out of 10.  Looking to book for next March, but the only ship that is good for us, for the dates we want is the Caribbean Princess.  We will be happy with this ship after sailing the Sky?

We just completed our second cruise on the Sky. Wonderful ship as you note. We've been on the Caribbean Princess, Emerald Princess and the Crown Princess - pretty much all the same ships. We have two cruises booked on the Caribbean Princess - one for November and another for February. While we enjoy the larger Regal Class ships like the Sky, the smaller CB is still a nice ship. Its sort of like a shrunken down Sky Princess. The Piazza is smaller of course but the layouts, while a bit smaller, are much like the Regal Class. The service and food is still quite good so for us its all about the itineraries more than the ship. Mind you, if I was looking at the same itinerary, I'd definitely book the larger Sky but you will still enjoy the CB I'm fairly certain.

40 minutes ago, John99 said:

Thrak - thanks for the information.

Also, you can click on the link below for all of Princess Cruise Ship Codes.

Princess has not added the Enchanted and Discovery Princess ships to the list, so the information is several years old but still good info.  John

Princess® fleet facts 

Here is my list. The crossed out ships are no longer with the fleet:

Princess Ship Abbreviations

CB - Caribbean Princess
CO - Coral Princess
KP - Crown Princess
DP - Dawn Princess
DI - Diamond Princess

XP – Discovery Princess
EP - Emerald Princess

EX – Enchanted Princess
NP - Golden Princess
AP - Grand Princess
IP - Island Princess

MJ – Majestic Princess

PA - Pacific Princess

GP - Regal Princess
RP - Royal Princess
RU - Ruby Princess
SA - Sapphire Princess
CP - Sea Princess
TP - Star Princess
YP – Sky Princess

SP - Sun Princess (Old)

SU – Sun Princess (New)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2023 at 10:47 AM, cruiseray said:

the caribbean princess is our favorite ship.  we have been on it 16 times. yes it is 19 yrs old but it has features that not many ships have.  deck 7, the promenade deck, has a walk around outside that you can walk completely around.  also, it has skywalkers which you go up an escalator in the back of the ship to a nice big sit down area that has a bar. every evening from 5pm - 7pm skywalkers has a platinum/elite party with some food items.  

we just went on it for a 10 day partial transit of the panama canal. the only negative was one of the back elevators was out of service.  there are two outside elevators that go up to deck 18 - skywalkers and down to the palm dining room on deck 6. so, with one out of service, it upset some passengers.

every cruise we have been on it the crew was fantastic.  the bartenders were excellent.  the room stewards were also friendly and efficient in keeping up our room.  we like deck 5 international cafe which is open 24/7. the make great soy milk lates with chocolate cookie dough syrup.

we also like movies under the stars - they provide lounge chairs, blankets, and popcorn.

if you have any questions, let me know.

Hi, we will be taking our first Princess cruise on Caribbean Princess this summer. With 16 cruises under your belt on this ship, can I message you with some questions? Thanks!

On 3/28/2023 at 12:57 PM, RNRcruisers said:

I liked the Caribbean Princess, love the layout and lounges and especially the promenade deck. However, it was a full sailing and we did feel like it was crowded. We were lucky to book some days in the Sanctuary, including the Panama Canal sailing day. 

I hope you can answer my questions about the Sanctuary.  We are sailing in October Canada/New England itinerary, so it won't be warm weather.  We have a Penthouse Aft suite.  I'm wondering if the Sanctuary is a necessary place to be in cooler weather?  Is it a social place?

On 5/5/2023 at 4:53 PM, Carol28 said:

I hope you can answer my questions about the Sanctuary.  We are sailing in October Canada/New England itinerary, so it won't be warm weather.  We have a Penthouse Aft suite.  I'm wondering if the Sanctuary is a necessary place to be in cooler weather?  Is it a social place?

I wouldn't book in the Sanctuary for a colder cruise. For us, it was a nice place to relax that was not as crowded or as loud as the main pool decks. It is not a social area. We socialized with our own group but overall it is a quiet area.

4 hours ago, SteelerFanXL said:

Just wondering how much use the children’s water area under skywalkers get?

Didn’t see any kids there on our March 2 sailing.  But then, there might have been a total of 2 dozen kids on the entire ship.