MSC for solo travellers

mumcat

I am looking at the 2025 World Cruise on MSC but I may be a solo traveller. I've never sailed with MSC before so I'd like to know if there are any special events on board for solo travellers to get to meet others. Thank you.

5 hours ago, mumcat said:

I am looking at the 2025 World Cruise on MSC but I may be a solo traveller. I've never sailed with MSC before so I'd like to know if there are any special events on board for solo travellers to get to meet others. Thank you.

Does MSC offer a solo discount for the WC or do you have to pay por two passengers?

There are plenty of opportunities to get to know other people. For example you might be allocated a table for 6 or 8 people. Not all of them solo but you might not dine alone if you prefer to dine with others.
Ivi

I cruise solo regularly. Last year on NCL. This year MSC. What I paid for an ocean view including booze and wifi was very reasonable. But … the # of cabins released to solo cruisers is limited depending, I assume, on demand.

on my cruise now you can no longer book as solo and my type of cabin is more expensive pp than I paid for solo.

One needs to do one’s homework, regardless of cruise line.

9 hours ago, HardToPort said:

I cruise solo regularly. Last year on NCL. This year MSC. What I paid for an ocean view including booze and wifi was very reasonable. But … the # of cabins released to solo cruisers is limited depending, I assume, on demand.

on my cruise now you can no longer book as solo and my type of cabin is more expensive pp than I paid for solo.

One needs to do one’s homework, regardless of cruise line.

I think the further you book in advance the better your chances are for getting solo pricing too. For example, I was able to book an Aurea premium, wraparound balcony as a solo. I still can’t figure out why they allowed that but I got the solo price plus 30% off because I had a myVEGAS coupon. On Seaside!

• Like 1

I've sailed MSC for several years now as a single & a couple & there are so many choices as far as entertainment & meeting others.  I leave next week for an 11 day cruise as a single in a balcony Fantastica.

I just inquired into the MSC 2025 WC.  I'll be traveling alone again in a Fantastica Balcony.  I don't usually attend meet & greets but  probably will on the WC due to being onboard for almost 4 months.  The social staff is great & the officers and staff are great.

4 hours ago, ddlb said:

I think the further you book in advance the better your chances are for getting solo pricing too. For example, I was able to book an Aurea premium, wraparound balcony as a solo. I still can’t figure out why they allowed that but I got the solo price plus 30% off because I had a myVEGAS coupon. On Seaside!

Yes, ddlb , advance bookings help. Also, because I’m now retired I neither care when or where I go (within reason) nor what ship or cruise line I take. So I search MSC, NCL, Carnival, Celebrity for 5-8 day cruises from lots of home ports. (Tampa, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, Boston, Baltimore, NYC). I do avoid northern ports earlier in the year. I would even look at Med cruises except my SO has a strict “no solo to Europe” policy. Also a strict “no solo to very cool or bucket list” destinations.

I always find a good deal to somewhere at a good solo rate.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HardToPort said:

I would even look at Med cruises except my SO has a strict “no solo to Europe” policy. Also a strict “no solo to very cool or bucket list” destinations.

LOL!  I can relate!  My DH  has a "no solo to Europe" or any cool place he hasn't gone to before policy too!  But if I want to go on a 4 night Bahamas from Port Canaveral he's all for it 🙂