Yacht Club and dining options?

kaz828

We have only sailed YC and have never added a dining package.  We enjoyed the food on MSC in the YC very much.  We did venture to the Fine Cut steakhouse one night and it was good but no better than what we were eating in the YC and it was pricey!  You can always check it out on board and decide later if you want to book a specialty.

• Like 3

We. have sailed YC 4 times and have never paid extra for a speciality dining meal.

We are diamond so, we do get a meal outside YC with that status. We actually passed on it a couple of times as the food in YC was just as good.

I should also mention  ....on our last cruise, there was a gentleman who arrived at YC restaurant upset. His family had long day with excursion and he just wanted to go to Main Dining room for quick dinner.  He was not allowed entrance and told to have dinner in YC. He kept ranting how he could not believe that a YC guest was not allowed in main dining room. 

Lesson learned. 

To answer the question regarding cost...it can be about $100 per person not including drinks.

Edited by phissy

On my first Yacht Club cruise, I added the 3 meal plan. When I booked, Teppanyaki was included but it was later removed from the plan. After speaking with the YC concierge, we had Teppanyaki included with the plan. I also went to the Ocean Cay restaurant (not the island) and wasn't impressed. The restaurant was beautiful and we had the entire place to ourselves but my appetizer was better than my main course. 

Since that first Yacht Club cruise, I no longer buy any specialty restaurant plan. If I do a specialty meal for lunch or dinner, I just pay a la carte...usually with OBC.  😉