Anthem - UDP - Izumi

Good afternoon.

I've hear so many conflicting info that I do not know what to expect.

We are going to the Anthem next month, we have the UDP and we want to do Izumi.

I have read the following scenarios

- Prix Fixe menu 

- Have $20 per person to spend

- Have $35 per person to spend.

Did someone that went there recently can have some feedback on what to expect? We are creating our list to book during embarkation and we want to understand so we evaluate how many times we'll do izumi.

Thank you!

14 minutes ago, angelhelly said:

Good afternoon.

- Prix Fixe menu 

Did someone that went there recently can have some feedback on what to expect? We are creating our list to book during embarkation and we want to understand so we evaluate how many times we'll do izumi.

Thank you!

Anthem's Izumi offers the $34.99 dinner.  This includes one small plate, two large plates, and dessert.  (there is a secret:  you can "trade in" dessert for a second small plate).  This is the meal that is included in your UDP.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Anthem's Izumi offers the $34.99 dinner.  This includes one small plate, two large plates, and dessert.  (there is a secret:  you can "trade in" dessert for a second small plate).  This is the meal that is included in your UDP.  

Agree.  This is what I found on the Vision last week also.  You can also have 2 smalls and one large, and dessert.  I find the large plates to be, well, LARGE!

Green tea ice cream is the best, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pcur said:

Agree.  This is what I found on the Vision last week also.  You can also have 2 smalls and one large, and dessert.  I find the large plates to be, well, LARGE!

Green tea ice cream is the best, IMO.

21 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Thank you for the awnsers!

I was reading about sushi pieces in the sushi rolls. Seems to be discrepancy between menu and what I have read. Some says 4 pieces per rolls, some says 8. Can one of you confirm? 

Thank you again! Gonna love Cruise Critic!

25 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

My experience has been you can also order a la carte, for up to the stated $35 value.  Honestly the one small, two large and dessert was too much food so I preferred going the a la carte route.  This is especially useful if you go at lunch, when you presumably are looking for something a little smaller.

53 minutes ago, angelhelly said:

Thank you for the awnsers!

I was reading about sushi pieces in the sushi rolls. Seems to be discrepancy between menu and what I have read. Some says 4 pieces per rolls, some says 8. Can one of you confirm? 

Thank you again! Gonna love Cruise Critic!

The only way you get 8 pieces is to make a reservation on board and do all carte. Booking in advanced or with UDP, or doing prie fixe you get 4 pieces.

7 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

About the UDP? About Anthem?  About Izumi?  I did not see any of these.

Matt Hochberg in his weekly 1 hour You Tube video for Royal Caribbean Blog spoke specially about the serving sizes at Izumi.

23 hours ago, angelhelly said:

Good afternoon.

- Prix Fixe menu 

Thank you!

Izumi is dinner so it is $35.00

Playmakers is pub food, so it is $20.00

There are some other "pub food eating places" in the fleet, and those are $20.00

On 3/28/2023 at 2:57 PM, wreckem2013 said:

The only way you get 8 pieces is to make a reservation on board and do all carte. Booking in advanced or with UDP, or doing prie fixe you get 4 pieces.

If you have UDP you can't book anything in advance, only once you're on board.  I have also read about some people that would go to Izumi as soon as they open for appetizers and then go to another specialty venue a few hours later for dinner.