another data breach? My.silversea reveals random peoples details - and different each time I log in!

les37b

Just now, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

Just talked to my SS Rep - he said the phones have been burning up all afternoon but not to worry - they are in the process of fixing it.  Meanwhile, I can see personal info on someone else and I'm sure my info is being read by God knows who.  Wow...

I've just on my last attempt someone with 5 cruises booked. 

Gonna see if I can swap! 🤣

I just read some comments my wife showed me on that other site and SS reps saying "Its ok, its not a data breach". I'm pretty sure having full personal details including passport details with expiry dates etc represents a huge GDPR reportable offence. To say move along nothing to see (in effect) is startling! 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, les37b said:

Gonna see if I can swap! 

I keep logging in to see if I can get into Mysty's account.  She's got that super cool World Cruise booked.  Figure I could book a super cheap voyage out of Barbados, do the swap, and she'd never know the difference. 😉

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Stumblefoot said:

I keep logging in to see if I can get into Mysty's account.  She's got that super cool World Cruise booked.  Figure I could book a super cheap voyage out of Barbados, do the swap, and she'd never know the difference. 😉

Dream on lad!  They would know you're not me!  You're much cuter than I am!  😁

1 minute ago, CruzinFeraBruzin said:

I think the site has finally been taken down.

They've certainly done something - I can no longer access details via the clickable javascripts - but I am still on the site and still seeing random email address and they schedules. Thought it maybe cache viewings - but its visible in Edge too which I never use.

25 minutes ago, les37b said:

I'm pretty sure having full personal details including passport details with expiry dates etc represents a huge GDPR reportable offence. To say move along nothing to see (in effect) is startling! 

I agree.  And, while I don't know what the GDPR is, considering I can see all personally identifiable information along with full passport details of other people without even having the slightest technical acumen, certainly implies identify theft could occur.  I know here in the U.S. if someone else has our passport number we're supposed to alert the proper authorities, namely the State Department.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HappyCamper777 said:

I agree.  And, while I don't know what the GDPR is, considering I can see all personally identifiable information along with full passport details of other people without even having the slightest technical acumen, certainly implies identify theft could occur.  I know here in the U.S. if someone else has our passport number we're supposed to alert the proper authorities, namely the State Department.

Full address details, full passport details... just needed CC details for the full set (which luckily are not stored there.) Luckily no one knows when you are out of the country and house empty........ oh wait!!!! 😨

I'm still able to access, albeit more restricted and many clickables are now page not found. But just in the past 2 minutes, I can still see addresses, though passport details have now gone thankfully.

Edited by les37b
  • Like 1

https://www.kellerpostman-databreach.co.uk/can-you-make-a-silversea-data-breach-compensation-claim/

Interesting article about the last data breach in 2021. 

It took around eight months to warn customers that their data could be in the hands of cybercriminals

The data breach occurred in August 2021 after a third-party gained unauthorised access to a number of the company’s systems. Some personal data may have been accessed in this breach. This data may include, but isn’t limited to: 

• Dates of Birth 
  • Contact information  
  • Passport numbers 
  • Driving licence numbers  
  • Financial account numbers  
  • Usernames and/or passwords for online accounts 
  • Scans of official documents  
  • Data about the health of some Silversea Cruises passengers.  

We don’t yet know how many customers were affected by the breach. However, Silversea boasts a fleet of 11 ships, which range in size from 51 to 364 suites, so thousands of people could be involved.  

Worryingly, while the breach happened in August last year, it took around eight months to warn customers that their data could be in the hands of cybercriminals.