Flowers and Fruit in Signature Suites?

kevingastreich

We like the Signature Suites. I haven't been on HAL since just before Covid. Flowers, fresh fruit and nightly turn-down service used to be routine in Signature Suites (even personalized stationery but that is another topic).  We always tip the cabin stewards daily in addition to the HSC.  In this day and age, would it be unreasonable to ask our steward(s) for fresh flowers, fruit and nightly turn down service?  A towel animal might be fun once in awhile too but I understand.  Thanks.

19 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

We just stayed in a PS last week. No fresh fruit,  no stationary (let alone personalized), no HAL pen, but we did get fresh flowers.  

Did you request fruit? There was no problem on Noordam, room steward asked what fruit we wanted, how many and how often.

• Like 1

We were in aSignature suite on the Oosterdam in November.  Requested and received nightly turn down and fresh fruit.  Did not have any flowers but did not ask for them so I don’t know if they would have been provided.  Excellent service from our two cabin stewards.  Called the dedicated concierge phone and was able to make dinner reservations for the dates and times we wanted.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, seagarsmoker said:

Yes, we were given cookies instead. 

Let me get this straight, you were in a Pinnacle Suite, asked for fresh fruit and got COOKIES instead?  Was it miscommunication or did he just think you wouldn't notice?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

Let me get this straight, you were in a Pinnacle Suite, asked for fresh fruit and got COOKIES instead?  Was it miscommunication or did he just think you wouldn't notice?

Long story short, they received a bunch of bad fruit last week. They originally offered us bananas, but my wife said that was ok, no need for it. On a scale of 10, not having fresh fruit in the room is like a .01 to me. 

• Like 1

Just off the Oosterdam in a SS. Had a door sign that indicated need for tidying up, otherwise no one came into the room. No flower, no stationary, no pen. Called the concierge for help with an excursion and he said I needed to go to the excursion desk. Tried calling for dinner reservations 3 times. No one ever answered the phone. Used the dinner reservation number after that. Did get ice when they came into the room,, which we asked for once a day. Room was kept tidy and clean, as was the bathroom. Never have required fruit in the room, but flowers used to be nice. Got chocolates twice and towel animal once. 

Am currently on Nieuw Amsterdam 14 day B2B in a Neptune.  Fresh flowers in the cabin, changed out when wilting.  Fruit available if we want.  As of day 10, have had chocolates at turn down X 3, and 3 towel critters.  Cabin serviced at least 2x daily.

10 hours ago, greensprout said:

Am currently on Nieuw Amsterdam 14 day B2B in a Neptune.  Fresh flowers in the cabin, changed out when wilting.  Fruit available if we want.  As of day 10, have had chocolates at turn down X 3, and 3 towel critters.  Cabin serviced at least 2x daily.

This is close to what I usually receive. I am going to request 2x daily service.  Our extra daily gratuity should cover it I hope.

• Like 1