geo blue

simong

looking at a 1 year plan,covering 3 cruises. i realize its 2ndary behind primary which is medicare and supplement, i also have chase sapphire preferred and with medicare supplement  the plan i am looking 500k medical coverage 250k medical evacuation. those are the major risks

4 minutes ago, simong said:

looking at a 1 year plan,covering 3 cruises. i realize its 2ndary behind primary which is medicare and supplement, i also have chase sapphire preferred and with medicare supplement  the plan i am looking 500k medical coverage 250k medical evacuation. those are the major risks

Hi simong,

Who told you that Geo Blue pays as Secondary?

Steve Dasseos

30 minutes ago, simong said:

a rep from the insurance from the insurance agency on this site and geo blue web site

Hi simong,

Did they explain to you how the payment for medical services is done when you use one of their contracted providers?

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, simong said:

no 

Hi simong,

Hopefully, it wasn't myself, Kim or Deanna that failed to tell you.

Geo Blue pays the bills directly if you go to a medical facility in their network. You may see all the Geo Blue Trekker plan details here:

https://tripinsurancestore.com/geo-blue-trekker-travel-medical-plans/

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 3

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 10:53 AM, simong said:

I just bought GeoBlue yesterday.  If you are between 70-95, the medical limit is $100K.  

23 minutes ago, vpcats said:

I just bought GeoBlue yesterday.  If you are between 70-95, the medical limit is $100K.  

OP, double check about this for any policy that *you* will purchase.

Insurance is regulated by the states, so in a different state, a "similar" policy could have different terms/limits.

GC

11 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

OP, double check about this for any policy that *you* will purchase.

Insurance is regulated by the states, so in a different state, a "similar" policy could have different terms/limits.

GC

OK.  Good point.  If you look at the chart that's posted by the Travel Insurance Store here on Cruise Critic though, it does make that same statement for both the Trekker Essential and Trekker Choice (I think that's what it's called).  I suppose it's fairly generic but, absolutely.  Each person should double check for their own needs.  I was just trying to point out that there was that "fine print" just in case it applied.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 10:53 AM, simong said:

I didnt see a GeoBlue  multitrip plan offering 500,000/250,000.  Probably because of my age, over 70. 

On 11/2/2023 at 7:37 AM, Smitheroo said:

I didnt see a GeoBlue  multitrip plan offering 500,000/250,000.  Probably because of my age, over 70. 

Hi Smitheroo,

The Geo Blue Trekker (their mutli-trip plan) covers a maximum of $100,000 medical for anyone age 70 and older.

Steve Dasseos

• Thanks 1