Medallion app - I don't have a smart phone!!

Milashka

15 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It seems hard to believe that they wouldn't issue a cruise card (in place of a medallion) to someone that had a pacemaker.

Perhaps a misunderstanding? 

Also cochlear implants.  My DH got the cruise card because he has two cochlear implants.  No problem at guest services.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

Also cochlear implants.  My DH got the cruise card because he has two cochlear implants.  No problem at guest services.

So your saying that anyone who requests a cruise card can have one.... which is what they're literature says. You don't need any medical reason to request a cruise card. 

On 4/10/2023 at 8:17 PM, jagoffee said:

Misunderstanding?  You  we’re willing to hand in your medallion and just use a traditional card?  They did not allow it?

or we’re you asking to have both a card and a medallion?

I asked for a card, I have a collection of cruise CARDs. They said they do not have the option to make a card.  Obviously, the medallion has overtaken the card.

On 4/10/2023 at 8:17 PM, jagoffee said:

Misunderstanding?  You  we’re willing to hand in your medallion and just use a traditional card?  They did not allow it?

or we’re you asking to have both a card and a medallion?

They didn't ask that.  They simply said they no longer have cruise cards.  Just the medallions.

2 hours ago, UpcountryTravelers said:

They didn't ask that.  They simply said they no longer have cruise cards.  Just the medallions.

I wonder what they're going to do with people who have a pacemaker?

Last cruise the cabin stewards were using a card to gain access to cabins. 

I don't have one either, because I don't want one & would rather spend my money on fun stuff instead of a clunky electronic leash, but more & more you have to scan, or app, or something to get something as simple as a sale on canned goods.  Some of the organizations I'm involved with are so proud that the only way to access their display info is by scanning one of their ugly codes. I remind them that not everyone has or wants a smartphone, but I believe that the day is coming when I won't be able to read a menu without one. Well, guess I'll know who wants my business! Hopefully by then, woman's clothes will come with pockets big enough to carry one of these bricks-your average jeans will hold one tissue & a key fob. Who want's to tote one of these around & worry about it being stolen on their ship?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, goinmobile68 said:

I don't have one either, because I don't want one & would rather spend my money on fun stuff instead of a clunky electronic leash, but more & more you have to scan, or app, or something to get something as simple as a sale on canned goods.  Some of the organizations I'm involved with are so proud that the only way to access their display info is by scanning one of their ugly codes. I remind them that not everyone has or wants a smartphone, but I believe that the day is coming when I won't be able to read a menu without one. Well, guess I'll know who wants my business! Hopefully by then, woman's clothes will come with pockets big enough to carry one of these bricks-your average jeans will hold one tissue & a key fob. Who want's to tote one of these around & worry about it being stolen on their ship?

Yes, what an awful direction the world is going on! Just recently learned that the local concert venue (Bethel Woods, the site of the original Woodstock concert in 1969) will no longer sell paper tickets, only text to your smartphone. 😢😢😢

I was told I should join the 21st century. I told the person (actually my son) who told me that that the concerts I attended last year were all 20th century (Phil Lesh from the Grateful Dead, Santana, and Willie Nelson with ZZ Top). A big 😁 for all those concerts and the original festival which I also attended.

They also have a museum there that features both the original fest and the 1960s, and now they are rejecting the 20th century. How ironic!

• Like 1