Vancouver airport

njkate

3 hours ago, njkate said:

Not sure if this is right page but here goes.

My Alaskan cruise disembarks in Vancouver, supposedly at 6AM, am I ok with an 11:45 AM flight or am I pushing my luck?

Thanks

Well.  If your ship leaves at 6am, I don't think an 11:45am flight will do you much good?  🙂  I think you meant 6PM?

-gregma

16 minutes ago, gregma60 said:

Well.  If your ship leaves at 6am, I don't think an 11:45am flight will do you much good?  🙂  I think you meant 6PM?

-gregma

No it’s not leaving it’s disembarking at end of cruise

5 hours ago, njkate said:

Not sure if this is right page but here goes.

My Alaskan cruise disembarks in Vancouver, supposedly at 6AM, am I ok with an 11:45 AM flight or am I pushing my luck?

Thanks

IMO, its a bit close, but doable if you get off the ship in the early group and grab a taxi before the line gets too long.  If you are able to handle your luggage, you could also take the nearby Skytrain right to the airport.

• Like 1

Right off the bat, CBSA don't start work at the pier that early so unless your line pays OT for them, your ship will just sit there until around 7:15am before anyone is allowed off any ship - but I still concur with the general 'self disembark and you should be fine' opinion. Even getting off by 8am should be fine for getting to YVR within an hour on SkyTrain; if it's a 3 ship day though taxi queues might get long fast so going by cab could involve another wait, especially if you do need help with bags as ALL the self-disembarking folks from every ship will be ahead of you! Port schedule is here - scroll down for the most up-to-date version as it does get amended.

Regardless of your risk tolerance though, it's always better to have more padding - if there's a later flight available that works for you book it! In fact the best thing to do, assuming you can afford the extra time off work, is to spend some post-cruise time - that way you can book a super-early flight home on a different morning, and even if the port was packed with monster ships you wouldn't need to worry.

• Like 1