Booking Transfer to TA

Bgwest

Can someone advise me of the correct form to use to transfer a booking from MSC to our TA? Also, an address/fax # to send the form to. 

I have more than one in my saved file and just tried to send a completed from using the email address I have and it bounced back.

Thank you!

All we do is send an email to our TA with the booking number and tell her to take over the booking and make sure we get our Voyager discount off the cruise fare. It generally takes her two weeks before MSC completes the transfer.  Whenever we happen to book onboard another cruise the FCC notices our TA's agency and asks if we want to automatically send it to her. We get an extra $450 OBC from her agency.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

All we do is send an email to our TA with the booking number and tell her to take over the booking and make sure we get our Voyager discount off the cruise fare. It generally takes her two weeks before MSC completes the transfer.  Whenever we happen to book onboard another cruise the FCC notices our TA's agency and asks if we want to automatically send it to her. We get an extra $450 OBC from her agency.

My MO is much like yours except that in exchange for the TA provided rebate, I try to do as much front end work as I can. I feel like if the TA is willing to share their commission with me, it is incumbent on me to save them as much work as possible. 

I typically do as much as I can then transfer to them. 

It seems from all I've heard that dealing with MSC is as much of a pain in the rear for TAs as is it for we consumers. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

My MO is much like yours except that in exchange for the TA provided rebate, I try to do as much front end work as I can. I feel like if the TA is willing to share their commission with me, it is incumbent on me to save them as much work as possible. 

It seems from all I've heard that dealing with MSC is as much of a pain in the rear for TAs as is it for we consumers

I've apologized to my TA for booking with MSC knowing she has to deal with all their nonsense

18 hours ago, Bgwest said:

I have apologized as well. Even transferring the booking after I've completed most of the leg work doesn't seem completely stress free for the TA.

This!!!!  SOOOO true 😉

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 2:05 PM, Bgwest said:

And so, back to the original question:

Can someone advise me of the correct form to use to transfer a booking from MSC to our TA? Also, an address/fax # to send theform to. 

Would it be crazy to suggest asking the TA to answer this question? Shouldn't they have to do SOMETHING for the booking?

Of course, I'm still of the "let the TA make the booking in the first place and then you won't need to transfer it" crowd, but I know we have people who'd rather do the work for the TA.

On 3/31/2023 at 7:18 PM, Bgwest said:

It seems from all I've heard that dealing with MSC is as much of a pain in the rear for TAs as is it for we consumers. 

It's worse for TA's.