Does P and O have any shore excursions after the cruise that take you to LHR after?

Grumpella

We have a 4:30 flight out of LHR and wanted to do a shore excursion with an airport drop-off.  The website says they are working on them.  Hmmm

So do they have any or are they just saying that?

Also, we are in the United States and cant find any numbers other than 0344 338 8003 to call them if I had any questions.  I don't even know how to dial that from the US, too old.  lol  Anybody have any 1-800 numbers?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry I can't help with the Heathrow question but I have never heard of excursions (or shore experiences as they are now known) on 'changeover' day.

I think the 0344 number will work if you dial 0044 344 338 8003

Hope that helps, enjoy your cruise.

1 hour ago, Waju said:

Sorry I can't help with the Heathrow question but I have never heard of excursions (or shore experiences as they are now known) on 'changeover' day.

I think the 0344 number will work if you dial 0044 344 338 8003

Hope that helps, enjoy your cruise.

I’ve only heard of excursions on turnover day / before a flight when not in the home port. I’ve had excursions on going home day in Cape Town and also Sydney and then the coach dropped us all off at airport - but on those occasions the flight home was part of the cruise package booked thru P&O.

Pretty certain that the answer will be ‘no they don’t’ for the simple reason that virtually all of your fellow passengers are likely to reside within the U.K.   If you were travelling on one of the American lines who base ships here during the major season, such as Celebrity, Royal Caribbean or Princess, then you would probably have more luck as they normally have international passengers on board.  I suggest you start to investigate independent transfers, maybe P&O would provide assistance with that? May be worth asking.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grumpella said:

We have a 4:30 flight out of LHR and wanted to do a shore excursion with an airport drop-off.  The website says they are working on them.  Hmmm

So do they have any or are they just saying that?

Also, we are in the United States and cant find any numbers other than 0344 338 8003 to call them if I had any questions.  I don't even know how to dial that from the US, too old.  lol  Anybody have any 1-800 numbers?

Thanks in advance for your help.

P&O passengers are almost entirely from the UK and their cruises are not marketed internationally, so it is not very likely anyone else will be wanting to head for Heathrow (you may well be the only people).  Sometimes people will fly from Ireland or Scotland, though their flights are more likely to be from a more local airport, rather than the big international hub of Heathrow.   Also road traffic to there will be horrendous as it would mean travelling through, or around London and even the motorway that encircles London is often referred to as "the biggest car park in the world" because it blocks so often.  Hence really something that is highly unlikely to be done by P&O, like is done in some locations abroad.

You may be able to arrange a taxi to take you somewhere, then drop you at Heathrow, but will turn out very pricey and I would be very careful of being taken into central London because traffic will be even worse there and I would not want to leave luggage in an unattended vehicle.  The journey straight there will take a minimum of 1.5 hours and could well take far longer, so really you have very little time to spare, given you would need to be at the airport by 1.30pm.  I would consider not rushing to leave the ship, (not sure what time disembarkation finishes but unlikely to be before about 9.30am), then head for the Heathrow area when you disembark,stopping off somewhere near the airport - perhaps a hotelwhere you could have a leisurely brunch, before heading for the airport 

The best thing for you to do though is to post on the "Ports of Call" section which covers the UK and ask there, since you will find other people who leave the US based cruise lines in Southampton and have a similar problem.  In fact, if you search that board, you are very likely to pick up older threads about that subject.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

The problem is that a 16:30 flight does not give you much time to visit anywhere.

You would have to be at LHR about 14:00. Leaving the ship at, say 8:30, would get you to LHR about 10:30, so basically you only have four hours "spare:

You could use a private car service (see ports of call  forum for recommendations) and spend a few hours in, say, Windsor for a stroll round and a pub lunch, before heading to the airport.

• Like 1

Regarding phoning from the US, the 03 number is a standard UK number and I would expect you could call it from US using whatever your international prefix code is, I think this is 011 (not 00 as in #2 above - that is used in Europe).  So dial 011 44 344 338 8003

They will probably be very slow to answer!

If worried about cost use a service like skype to avoid international charges or try Facebook Chat to them.

4 minutes ago, AlanCruise said:

Regarding phoning from the US, the 03 number is a standard UK number and I would expect you could call it from US using whatever your international prefix code is, I think this is 011 (not 00 as in #2 above - that is used in Europe).  So dial 011 44 344 338 8003

They will probably be very slow to answer!

If worried about cost use a service like skype to avoid international charges or try Facebook Chat to them.

I stand corrected!  I thought 0044 was from anywhere - my apologies to the OP for the incorrect information - I will go and stand in the corner and give myself a good slap 😁