Live 🛳️💦⛱️🏝️ Oasis of the Seas B2B 4/9 - 4/23 2023 🏖️🛳️

7 minutes ago, Denversail said:

The onion rings and buffalo wings were a big hit. The hamburger patty on my burger was burnt.

Ugh, I know I wasn't the only one recommending the burger but I feel bad now. Glad the rest was good.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Denversail said:

We are not off to a good start. The turnaround process took a lot longer than I expected. Some people just don’t want to get off the ship. Next time I will not show up earlier than 9:15.

I went to deck 5 to make our dinner reservations for the week like I was told at about 10:15. No one was there to do them. I went back to the promenade and was able to make them there. I had to go to Izumi to make the hibachi reservation. If I had known I would have just gone there.

my son has already declared he is never traveling with my mom again. They got an Uber and the driver didn’t speak English. He dropped them off at terminal e and refused to bring them to the correct terminal a. Last update I got was they walked to terminal D and hopped into a taxi. 

My new steward is Ian. My room was ready at 10:30 just like he said it would be. Looks like all my stuff made it. I got a little nervous when Shawn asked me 3 times for my new room number. I decided to attach my tags to assist him just in case.

fingers crossed things go smoother from here

Terminal A doesn't come up in Uber.  I always have to tell the driver. The last guy said you should be able to change it but I don't think that's the case. I added the "A" and it's not an option.

Screenshot_20230416_161236.jpg

Edited by fla33023
  • Like 1

We are on deck 10 port side aft. My stateroom is very warm compared to the last one. My mom has the adjoining room and was saying hers is cold. 🤷‍♀️

The ship feels packed. Crowds everywhere and slow elevators. 

It is an early night for us. Everyone is tired. We are going to rest up so we can enjoy our sea day tomorrow. I think our first port is Labadee on Tuesday.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Denversail said:

So dinner tonight was Giovanni’s. The filets that were ordered got their plates cleaned. I had the chicken piccata and thought it was okay. The breading was nice but the meat texture was a little off.

78C078C7-6E9A-4149-875B-00E47B0F6917.jpeg

0BF546C6-CE95-47EC-B828-7BF39D7E7423.jpeg

C4F1E3D6-728B-445C-B2D9-708FE3DA38FE.jpeg

768605A4-9830-4A90-BE25-66E62BD1D69D.jpeg

91B4ED0E-CD33-4AC4-AF6B-2C54AC9DA0D8.jpeg

28239076-E2D1-4923-9EA4-BDA3CBFEA21E.jpeg

EF969BF2-7B43-406F-BC55-C2790A6B0628.jpeg

211EBB76-8940-4AC8-8FAF-13FF59F678CF.jpeg

All that looks really yummy.  But a TON of food for you all.  Hope all is going well.

• Like 1

Good morning, it is our first sea day of week 2. It is 8:30 am and crowds are still snoozing. Family is getting dressed for the day. My guess is we have an exciting day that will involve some cards & trivia mixed with a lot of food. I often joke with my family that all they really require is a hotel bar for cards and a decent restaurant within 10 feet no need for the whole ship. They swear they are going to mix up the bars this time but I found them in the same schooner bar as usual yesterday. Creatures of habit.

we have lunch at chops today followed by dinner at cp 150. I guess I’ll have to get fancy tonight and break out the jeans. 😁

I’ll try to get mom down the dry slide later. I’ve been unsuccessful at such things since I tricked her into that huge wooden rollercoaster at the Nevada/California state line about 15 years ago. 😂

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Denversail said:

Good morning, it is our first sea day of week 2. It is 8:30 am and crowds are still snoozing. Family is getting dressed for the day. My guess is we have an exciting day that will involve some cards & trivia mixed with a lot of food. I often joke with my family that all they really require is a hotel bar for cards and a decent restaurant within 10 feet no need for the whole ship. They swear they are going to mix up the bars this time but I found them in the same schooner bar as usual yesterday. Creatures of habit.

we have lunch at chops today followed by dinner at cp 150. I guess I’ll have to get fancy tonight and break out the jeans. 😁

I’ll try to get mom down the dry slide later. I’ve been unsuccessful at such things since I tricked her into that huge wooden rollercoaster at the Nevada/California state line about 15 years ago. 😂

Remember the tequila poppers at the random Mexican bar??  

• Haha 1

Chops was for lunch. Appetizers were good. For entrees we had filet, chicken, and salmon. My son ordered both the filet and salmon with no issues. All was good except the salmon. The first few bites were good but it was a very thick cut. Once you got away from the edges if was cold and pretty raw. This was from one extreme to the other as my salmon orders in the MDR were very over cooked. I prefer mine to be more of a medium.

B8F1B4A5-D3F7-4788-A0F4-AC269FF39DD2.jpeg

EEC364FB-E19E-4935-A55D-D3FC336832F5.jpeg

1CEA7F46-3FE8-4477-9D2A-3FDF2F5A0B27.jpeg

C8D46939-219E-4526-999C-3AD78B3BCF2F.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Denversail said:

I got my first dessert of the trip. Warm chocolate cake. Also featured is the meringue key lime pie and red velvet cake. They were all good.

876C716B-974C-426C-8708-D312124D62B1.jpeg

128F3F73-9C0C-4A9E-9536-F5CB0E36AA6E.jpeg

5D025493-B4E2-475F-ABD4-CD0455CFEEFD.jpeg

I always approve of key lime pie....except when some lame place near my house mixes coconut into it and I have been scarred (I can't remember if it was in the meringue or the pie part, but either are a big NO for me haha)

• Like 1

We just did 3 Oasis class ships.  I’m so bummed I didn’t know about the small plates in Vintages.  Since we had early seating it was hard to get ready early to stop there first.  If we had, we’d probably have skipped dinner. Harmony isn’t until next year and we’ll try then.  I don’t think they do it on the smaller ships.

• Like 1

So we had one disappointment today. One of our favorite things to do on the ship is shuffleboard. Well I asked 3 crew members where it was, two had no idea what it was, the third told me to check in the gift shop.🤣🤣

We thought we scored when my son found someone who informed us it was on deck 6 behind the aqua theater. So we headed over and found it no problem. Unfortunately it was roped off. It was just not meant to be.

I asked another crew member and he said he has been on the ship for months and it is always closed. He said he has no idea why. This was a huge bummer for us. 🙁

• Like 1

So much fun to read your review and look forward to following along on your second week. Interesting to read another pov from the same trip.

The night we were speeding back to FL we saw kids falling down because the ship was rocking so much. Felt bad but wow what an experience to see how fast these ships can move!

Lots of kids, I was so worried an Easter sailing would be a nightmare but it really wasn't bad. Thankful for Solarium! My only bad experience was some teens in the cantilever hot tubs thought it would be a good idea to wrestle and throw each other down in the water. Then proceed to smoke a joint in the hot tub!

Globe and atlas was being referred to as Pablo's bar. That guitar player is so fun to watch!

If you happen to get any video or pics of the Urban Cover band (called party band in the app) I would love to see it! I had a major crush on the guitar singer lol but I forgot to take a video of him singing. The schooner bar has great front row seats when they play in the Promenade. Plus Beto and Maria are the best bartenders around!

• Like 1

It was CP 150 for dinner. I very much enjoyed the food. The guys both got the halibut and really liked it. The service wasn’t great. I require a lot of water due to all my liquor intake. I managed to squeeze 1 1/2 cups of water during the 1 1/2 hours I was there. I left prior to our dinner plates being removed to get something for my developing headache. 

I again attempted the ceaser salad. I requested grinder pepper but this is also not available in the specialty restaurants. I thought the salad tasted the same as MDR with the difference being he made it table side and threw an anchovy on top. I think the dressing is just too bland.

4D9E1FBD-1054-463D-B4DA-528B4B98AF95.jpeg

E766DB26-A063-4E41-BC18-751066458F5A.jpeg

FA3D0583-2446-4561-BC2D-CC3AC3597738.jpeg

AA29249C-6104-4416-A202-DBC26E19FDAC.jpeg

C6D1468C-B2F8-4B02-9147-2F9444E77264.jpeg

• Like 1

On 4/16/2023 at 7:53 PM, Denversail said:

We are on deck 10 port side aft. My stateroom is very warm compared to the last one. My mom has the adjoining room and was saying hers is cold. 🤷‍♀️

The ship feels packed. Crowds everywhere and slow elevators. 

It is an early night for us. Everyone is tired. We are going to rest up so we can enjoy our sea day tomorrow. I think our first port is Labadee on Tuesday.

My cabin was warm on the Allure. I had people comment and they said they had them check the filters for their AC in their cabin and once they switched them out problem was solved.  Give that a shot

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Denversail said:

So we had one disappointment today. One of our favorite things to do on the ship is shuffleboard. Well I asked 3 crew members where it was, two had no idea what it was, the third told me to check in the gift shop.🤣🤣

We thought we scored when my son found someone who informed us it was on deck 6 behind the aqua theater. So we headed over and found it no problem. Unfortunately it was roped off. It was just not meant to be.

I asked another crew member and he said he has been on the ship for months and it is always closed. He said he has no idea why. This was a huge bummer for us. 🙁

Oh no!  My kids are going to be so disappointed!  They are so looking forward to playing shuffleboard. Hoping it is available in the summer

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DustFSU said:

My cabin was warm on the Allure. I had people comment and they said they had them check the filters for their AC in their cabin and once they switched them out problem was solved.  Give that a shot

It actually improved on its own after the first day

• Like 3