Live 🛳️💦⛱️🏝️ Oasis of the Seas B2B 4/9 - 4/23 2023 🏖️🛳️

1 hour ago, Preziosa said:

Thank for your updates. I was on the first leg of This Cruise.

Do you know something about the group who did not reach back to the ship on St. Thomas Yesterday.

All we heard was rumors that a group didn’t make it. No details or confirmation. 

On 4/20/2023 at 3:40 PM, Denversail said:

We were a pretty dull group today. We did get off the ship and shop a little in the port. We did briefly discuss taking a taxi downtown but that was a no go. It rained briefly but then cleared up and the weather was nice for strolling. 

We got back on the ship and enjoyed a few trivia’s. The guys enjoyed a game of ping pong. We stopped into loco fresh for a little food then went to playmakers for a little more food. Tonight is our 2nd CP 150 reservation and it has been decided to cancel it.

I managed to break two nails this morning. I went into the spa around 2 to see what my chances of getting a shellac manicure in the next 24 hours. They were able to take me right away. I was quoted $79. but when she rung me up she said I get a 20% discount. It ended up being about $75 after gratuity. 

How many stores in the port area? This will be the first time not stopping at Charlotte Amalie (sp,).. And is it scooter friendly?

It was Giovanni’s again for dinner. The new items we tried were Arugula salad, eggplant, minestrone, and Branzino. These were all good. I got the filet this time. Mine was a little over cooked. I made the mistake of taking a bite of the broccolini. The only thing that stopped me from spitting it out was my manners. It was all garlic. The arugula salad was really good as was the eggplant. I found the minestrone to be good but again with the garlic but not super overwhelming.

This is the first time they commented on my son ordering two entrees. He was fine with it but then the waiter brought it anyways.

E2006335-E481-4BDC-BC4D-CA930BAA7293.jpeg

B79FCEAB-46E8-4E92-AD83-6584B5EA9309.jpeg

70D38049-CA21-4C33-A273-A5723393C359.jpeg

6801223A-F3A4-452B-913E-36AA22F011BB.jpeg

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

How many stores in the port area? This will be the first time not stopping at Charlotte Amalie (sp,).. And is it scooter friendly?

We didn’t venture out to the whole pier area at Crown Bay. We had a few shops right there. They weren’t all open yet when we got off the ship. I don’t think you’ll have an issue with your scooter in the pier area. Some of the shops were tight so I don’t think you’d get your scooter in some of those.

27 minutes ago, Denversail said:

We didn’t venture out to the whole pier area at Crown Bay. We had a few shops right there. They weren’t all open yet when we got off the ship. I don’t think you’ll have an issue with your scooter in the pier area. Some of the shops were tight so I don’t think you’d get your scooter in some of those.

My wife likes to get out for an hour or so, so that should work fine. Thanks.

• Like 1

We have made it to the last day. All my limbs still work and I have been lucky enough not have any illnesses. I had headaches on two different days but that has been the extent of my ailments. My mom was not so lucky. She got sick after dinner last night but she is reporting she is now well and ready to go.

We have arrived in Coco Cay. We will be heading to South beach. Just downstairs waiting for them to make their way down. I suspect they are upstairs waiting for an elevator that is never going to come.

• Like 2

It really was a perfect day. If you recall last week when I was here it rained. It was low 80s today. We have been very lucky and haven’t had much humidity this trip. 

We walked slowly back to the ship. Passed through the Oasis Lagoon. I don’t even wanna think about how much peeing goes on it that pool. 😱

We had an NCL ship sitting a little out. They must tender to their island.

245E4947-BFB1-4A8A-B01C-0119F72E0A07.jpeg

28FEF1D3-F4BB-4775-8686-B8C6464F8871.jpeg

0B4C019A-B522-4CEF-B9DA-1A37B35C672E.jpeg

C3E74D8C-1C29-4FAE-AC4B-A43E802438E4.jpeg

006C45D7-FE72-4E05-B3F4-46E1395A204B.jpeg

D994B5CD-7FBE-48D0-84CA-A187E21D9C77.jpeg

22F05FCD-F99D-4821-BE22-8CDA2E8C209B.jpeg

F230F3B6-EFCD-4CC8-8609-E303B8476C75.jpeg

6FB472DE-235D-45F9-BE4F-F5520443ADCF.jpeg

FD05A6E3-8605-4E0E-9C25-65CCBDE20732.jpeg

688DA24A-C24A-40A1-887A-15AB039FA9A1.jpeg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Leeba25 said:

Ahhh that weather looks perfect! 

Quick question, where is that volleyball court? I know my kids will be into playing beach volleyball when we go. 

It was on the tram route. Right by the oasis lagoon stop. I’m not sure what it was called. 

• Like 1

So I spoke too soon and ended up not feeling well right when we started getting served dinner. We were at chops and I even ordered the uncharged Lobster. They brought our appetizer and I took one bite and immediately felt nauseous. So my son enjoyed my lobster while I headed to bed. I was fine again in a few hours. We packed up and went to bed. No pics of the lobster my assistant failed to take the pic.

• Like 1

So yesterday morning did not exactly go as planned. I’m sure this was us just being amateurs. If you don’t recall we made the brave move to book a 10 am flight out FLL. I don’t like spending my day in the airport. I was also okay with the risk of missing it. I would have been fine if we had to get a hotel and come home tomorrow. It was a whatever one for me. Any options beats sitting in the airport all day so I can get home at 10 pm. Our other flight options when we booked were all later in the day or a lot more expensive.

Mistake #1
We didn’t get in line early enough. Next time I would get in line by 6:30. This was the plan but some in our group weren’t ready until a little after. I think we ended up in line at 6:45. By this time they had blocked off the promenade area and turned us outside to loop and line up in the dining room. They form these lines on both aft/forward and starboard/port. They provided drinks and pastries. They didn’t start letting people off until 7:30. At this point my mom is practically hyperventilating. 

We walked off pretty quickly. The guy in front of us got blocked from exiting. He was told he had to go back to guest services. Obviously I don’t know that guys situation but it is a good reminder to make sure your account is in order. The facial recognition was great and we didn’t have any delays. I think we exited the terminal at around 7:50. A lot of others have also made it off the ship.

Mistake #2

I assumed there would be a lot of taxis. I think this problem was just a domino from the first mistake. I had expected us to be the first 50 off the ship. This was not the case. I still didn’t realize this problem as I was arrogantly strolling out of the terminal. Telling my mom she had nothing to worry about. We then made the right turn to the taxi line. I would estimate at least 70 or so people in front of us. The problem was no taxis. This wasn’t really an issue I had anticipated. We did manage to get in a taxi about 8:15. 

We arrived at the airport about 8:45 and quickly checked our bags. We were flying United and they luckily didn’t have any line unlike some of the other airlines. We breezed through security and we’re at our gate by 9. Our flight was on time and started boarding at 9:30. It was uneventful and I made it to my house in Colorado by about 2.

I think the decision to do this really depends on one’s personality. My mom stressed the entire time but the rest of us just went with the flow. We still made it even though everything didn’t go perfectly. Well worth the risk as long as the bumps aren’t going to upset you. 

Edited by Denversail
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Scottdalfonso said:

On a side note- just saw a post elsewhere that the chat function is turned off right now due to those kids hacking in on your cruise this week. Apparently most of the ship was seeing chats from these guys. 

We never used the function but I did notice it wasn’t an option after that.

Thanks for doing this review. We were on Odyssey last week so I’m just starting to catch up with my CC reading now. I really don’t know how those of you who do live reviews manage to do them. Most days I never even got online, never mind on CC! Pre cruise I had briefly thought about trying a “live”. I’m glad I didn’t because I’d have been one of those people who started a review but never finished it.

I’m glad you and your family enjoyed your cruise. I really appreciate the time you took to share your cruise with us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perfect match said:

Pre cruise I had briefly thought about trying a “live”. I’m glad I didn’t because I’d have been one of those people who started a review but never finished it.

I know what you mean. Think I’ve done that once before. 🙈 I’m considering giving it another shot from Wonder in 40 days but we’ll see.

• Like 2

I do plan to post a summary of what I liked and didn’t like. I also have some more pics to add. Hopefully in the next few days.

I brought home an ear infection and Covid as souvenirs. I should have just bought more t-shirts. 🤧😷🤒

3 hours ago, Denversail said:

I do plan to post a summary of what I liked and didn’t like. I also have some more pics to add. Hopefully in the next few days.

I brought home an ear infection and Covid as souvenirs. I should have just bought more t-shirts. 🤧😷🤒

I'm sorry to hear you got sick as well.   My partner and I were on the 1st leg of your B2B 4/9-16 and both got Covid the day after getting home.   There are others who did as well from what I've seen posted on FB group for the sailing.  

I'm finally starting to feel a bit better even though still testing positive.   

I wish you a speedy recovery.  🙂