Galveston Hotel/Cruise Parking

48 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

I've never understood why people use those third parties. I've never found better rates there. Others must have better luck with them.

I've done numerous comparisons and have never found a significant price diffence.

That said, I can get 3x points using chase travel for hotel rooms and 5x for flights.

On 4/3/2023 at 2:59 PM, Texas Tillie said:

I've never understood why people use those third parties. I've never found better rates there. Others must have better luck with them.

I'm glad it's not just me!!

Simon

On 4/3/2023 at 8:59 AM, Texas Tillie said:

Some times you can find hotel vacancies that aren't available elsewhere.  This is because third parties sometimes book blocks of rooms.  For example, I wanted to book at the Hilton Riverside and the hotel website showed no vacancies for several months prior to the dates of my cruise.   Rooms were available through several third party sites.  About two weeks prior, I checked again and the hotel had vacancies because the third party sites had released their unsold rooms.  I booked and within a week the hotel was sold out again.