45-day check-in - ship's time or Miami time?

Royal Caribbean is headquarterered in Miami, so Eastern time zone.

My 45-day check-in is tonight at midnight, but I'm getting conflicting information. Is it midnight Eastern (where Royal is headquartered) or is it midnight Pacific (where the ship is located)?

I live in Arizona, and the cruise goes out of LA, so I'm on the same time zone as the ship currently (because we're rational and don't daylight save in AZ unlike the rest of y'all with your silly Spring Forward), so I'm hoping the check-in is based on time at headquarters, because then that's only 9 pm for me. Much easier to stay awake to check in at 9 pm than at midnight, but you do what you gotta do.

I'd assumed it was based on ship's time, but people on the board for my sailing on another social media are saying it's based on Miami. I guess I could always try at 9 pm, and if it isn't open yet, try again in 3 hours.

Or they could have a glitch and it's not available until 8am tomorrow.  Or 3pm.  Or their servers are in Kuala Lumpur  and they forgot to set their clocks.  

Try at 9.  Keep trying every 20-30 minutes (or whenever you're available) until you're too tired and go to bed.  When you wake up, try again.  Rinse and repeat. 

14 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

Royal Caribbean is headquarterered in Miami, so Eastern time zone.

My 45-day check-in is tonight at midnight, but I'm getting conflicting information. Is it midnight Eastern (where Royal is headquartered) or is it midnight Pacific (where the ship is located)?

I live in Arizona, and the cruise goes out of LA, so I'm on the same time zone as the ship currently (because we're rational and don't daylight save in AZ unlike the rest of y'all with your silly Spring Forward), so I'm hoping the check-in is based on time at headquarters, because then that's only 9 pm for me. Much easier to stay awake to check in at 9 pm than at midnight, but you do what you gotta do.

I'd assumed it was based on ship's time, but people on the board for my sailing on another social media are saying it's based on Miami. I guess I could always try at 9 pm, and if it isn't open yet, try again in 3 hours.

Check in is at midnight local time of the port of embarkation.

• Like 3