Beyond spa area changing room

hobgoblin

Has anyone noticed if there were hairdryers in the ladies spa area changing room on Beyond , did I totally miss them?

I was on Beyond at the steam room area etc and after showering and dressing found there were no hairdryers and so then had to walk through the ship with wet hair.

This seemed weird that they wouldn't fit hairdryers to complete your spa experience ,shocking really!

I really dont think they fitted any, maybe on other Edge class ships ?

• Like 1

Honestly, there's a lot of little things missing in the Beyond locker rooms. 

You already identified no hair dryers. In the men's locker room, there's no where to hang a towel or anything else anywhere in the locker room.There's also nowhere to dry off (the showers are incredibly small).  Only lotion at the sinks, nothing else such as hair spray, deodorant, or mouthwash. One of the three showers was out of body wash yesterday. 

It's crazy that the cups for water in the spa are those mini, 2 oz. cups. Not sure what the thought process is on those.

Oh yeah, and about 1/3 of the men's lockers are next to the door to the spa. Pretty easy for someone walking by that door to see guys changing. 

The service is amazing but it doesn't seem that anyone has really thought out the little details. 

Edited by LetsGoToo
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, LetsGoToo said:

You already identified no hair dryers. In the men's locker room, there's no where to hang a towel or anything else anywhere in the locker room.There's also nowhere to dry off (the showers are incredibly small).  Only lotion at the sinks, nothing else such as hair spray, deodorant, or mouthwash. One of the three showers was out of body wash yesterday. 

It's crazy that the cups for water in the spa are those mini, 2 oz. cups. Not sure what the thought process is on those.

Oh yeah, and about 1/3 of the men's lockers are next to the door to the spa. Pretty easy for someone walking by that door to see guys changing. 

The service is amazing but it doesn't seem that anyone has really thought out the little details. 

Agree 100%. One longs for the Spa/gym  locker rooms on the original M-Class ships with the plentiful lockers and wonderful saunas with the big, round picture window. Unfortunately Celebrity realized that a lot of space was devoted to those non revenue generating locker rooms and the Revolutionized M-Class ships have both the Men's and Women's locker rooms in the same space as one! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LetsGoToo said:

You already identified no hair dryers. In the men's locker room, there's no where to hang a towel or anything else anywhere in the locker room.There's also nowhere to dry off (the showers are incredibly small).  Only lotion at the sinks, nothing else such as . One of the three showers was out of body wash yesterday. 

I've seen and used shaving cream and disposable razors on the Equinox but I'd bet that little touch has been eliminated. Never seen hair spray, deodorant, or mouthwash in any fleetwide spa change room. 

On the Apex there are towel knobs (hooks) by the three showers and above the bench by the two   sinks. There was lotion, shower caps (which made me laugh) and Q-tips between the two sinks.  

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I've seen and used shaving cream and disposable razors on the Equinox but I'd bet that little touch has been eliminated. Never seen hair spray, deodorant, or mouthwash in any fleetwide spa change room. 

On the Apex there are towel knobs (hooks) by the three showers and above the bench by the two   sinks. There was lotion, shower caps (which made me laugh) and Q-tips between the two sinks.  

Most spas (and nicer gyms) have items such as hair spray, deodorant, mouthwash, etc. I guess I expected at least that on what is otherwise a magnificent ship.

I'll be on the Apex later this year. It good to know that ship at least has hooks for your towel!

Edited by LetsGoToo

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Agree 100%. One longs for the Spa/gym  locker rooms on the original M-Class ships with the plentiful lockers and wonderful saunas with the big, round picture window. Unfortunately Celebrity realized that a lot of space was devoted to those non revenue generating locker rooms and the Revolutionized M-Class ships have both the Men's and Women's locker rooms in the same space as one! 

Agree! I actually booked one of the NCL ships a couple weeks ago that has that -- just because of the large locker rooms and having a wet area. I think Celebrity also totally missed it on this spa by not having a pool or hot tub included. 

1 minute ago, LetsGoToo said:

Agree! I actually booked one of the NCL ships a couple weeks ago that has that -- just because of the large locker rooms and having a wet area. I think Celebrity also totally missed it on this spa by not having a pool or hot tub included. 

Yes, I have been on all NCL ships below Breakaway Plus and even their older 90,000 ton ships of the same class as Celebrity's M-Class have Spas that are vastly nicer than any Celebrity ship.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LetsGoToo said:

Most spas (and nicer gyms) have items such as hair spray, deodorant, mouthwash, etc. I guess I expected at least that on what is otherwise a magnificent ship.

I'll be on the Apex later this year. It good to know that ship at least has hooks for your towel!

Yea, land v cruise ships (Celebrity and RC). At least on the M&S class ships the change rooms have a small dry sauna for those that like them. RC's change rooms are set up the same way Celebrity's are.  I'm glad the spa/fitness centers have the change rooms as I use it for our second bathroom for showering in the morning and late afternoon. I only use our stateroom shower in the evening before going to bed.