Escalators/Elevators on the Epic.

Escalator runs between deck 5 and 6, midship.

we have found there to be an art to catching elevators.  If you want to go up…stand in front of an elevator on a deck lower than you.  If you want to go down, stand in front of a door where the elevator is above you.  In doing this, you are often the first people to get on.

Edited by laudergayle

Also , on the Epic the port and starboard elevator banks are not all together.  When reboarding the ship we always crossed over to the other side of the ship to catch the elevator without a crowd,

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oakman58 said:

The Aft elevators don't go down to deck 5 so you get off at deck 6 and take the escalator at mid-ship down to 5.  Or you can just walk to the forward elevators and go down to deck 5.

Oh yeah I remember that now…we got stuck hauling luggage down from 6 to 5 on disembarkation.  

I just got off the Epic and had a room by the Fore Elevators which was really convenient because they go all the way to deck 4 for getting off at ports. There are no midship elevators or stairs on the Epic. I took the stairs to burn off food calories and found the stairs to be really shallow and easy to do 6 decks without realizing it. 

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

I also recommend a cabin near the forward elevator/stairs. Deck 12 was perfect for the stairs.  Three decks up to the buffet and pool…and 5 down to the theater. 

I was on Deck 12 and it was perfect for stairs!

• Like 1

Thanks, spenecer .....we have enjoyed reading your Epic blog.

Usually we have our NCL Christmas/ New Year cruise booked by now . Spirit/ Jade/Sun  in previous years but are still undecided with the Epic.

Mixed reviews online...going to have to make a decision soon !!

I was on the 15th floor forward  (after bidding five dollars over the minimum for a balcony) last summer on an itinerary where 2/3 are RT from BCN and the rest join/depart mid week near Rome. The ship was close to capacity per the cruise director. The only time I remember having an issue with elevators being repeatedly too full was during the departure mornings, otherwise, it was fine and I would not pick room based on that concern.