Caves?

oracer

10 hours ago, oracer said:

I heard of two caves?  Do they charge admission, how long to go through and how to get to from Naval Yards

It takes about 20 minutes to go through each. There is admission which includes a guide. You should know that it is about 88 steps down and back up from the caves. They recommend making a reservation. You can take a ferry to either Hamilton or St. George and then either a bus or taxi from Hamilton or St. George. You could take a taxi straight from the Dockyard but the combined ferry and either a bus or taxi trip is the best way. 

https://caves.bm

36 minutes ago, oracer said:

Thanks. So both are in the St George's area? 

The caves are in Baileys Crossroad which is on the east end of Bermuda The Swiizzle Inn is in the same area. I like to get to that area by taking a ferry to St. George’s and then a taxi which is about $20 but there are also multiple bus routes. The ferry’s to St. George do not run every day so you could also take a ferry to Hamilton and then a taxi $28 or a  bus. The amount of time to get there will be about the same weather to take the ferry to St. George or Hamilton. 

23 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The caves are in Baileys Crossroad which is on the east end of Bermuda The Swiizzle Inn is in the same area. I like to get to that area by taking a ferry to St. George’s and then a taxi which is about $20 but there are also multiple bus routes. The ferry’s to St. George do not run every day so you could also take a ferry to Hamilton and then a taxi $28 or a  bus. The amount of time to get there will be about the same weather to take the ferry to St. George or Hamilton. 

A hello again, quick question. It is suggested I purchase tickets for the caves prior to sailing? Is this required in your opinion? We don't have a set time we will be at the caves on our first full day and see no reason to purchase the caves and zoo through NCL as we have taken the public transportation to the zoo in the past from Hamilton and found it easy to do.

Thanks

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

A hello again, quick question. It is suggested I purchase tickets for the caves prior to sailing? Is this required in your opinion? We don't have a set time we will be at the caves on our first full day and see no reason to purchase the caves and zoo through NCL as we have taken the public transportation to the zoo in the past from Hamilton and found it easy to do.

Thanks

It is suggested to call and make a reservation but is not required. I don’t think there is a way to prepay. It is only a reservation if you call. You will still get in without a reservation but it is first come first serve so at certain times you might have to wait longer. I would not make a reservation myself as I like flexibility. I would not want to plan the exact time ahead. Some have complained in the past about waiting so I think that is what the reservation is about. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 8:18 AM, latebloomer56 said:

A hello again, quick question. It is suggested I purchase tickets for the caves prior to sailing? Is this required in your opinion? We don't have a set time we will be at the caves on our first full day and see no reason to purchase the caves

I read on another site this morning that the wait can be a couple of hours if you don't call them and make a reservation.

14 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I read on another site this morning that the wait can be a couple of hours if you don't call them and make a reservation.

Thanks, was thinking I would check when NCL has their tours then plan to be there a little before. If we have a wait can always go to Bailey's or Swizzle Inn if mid morning 11:30. Don't plan to lock ourselves in so if to long can request a reservation for Tues.

1 hour ago, latebloomer56 said:

Thanks, was thinking I would check when NCL has their tours then plan to be there a little before. If we have a wait can always go to Bailey's or Swizzle Inn if mid morning 11:30. Don't plan to lock ourselves in so if to long can request a reservation for Tues.

Sounds like a good plan. Some  have said they were able to do a walk up so I expect they arrived before the cruise ship tours. 

• Like 1