Any Helpful Tips for Booking Airline Flight Round Trip to Venice

Travelingwithstyle

My husband and I are doing 3 b2b... cruising dates June 17 to July 20 on the Onward.  We have been watching the airline prices for months but they don't seem to be going down in price.  We fly out of VPS roundtrip to VCE and the cheapest ECONOMY one stop is approx $2,300 per person and two stops without killing yourself is about $2,100 per person.    We have traveled for decades and I'm so shocked about the prices.  We even flew to Europe Early 2022 and it was not super expensive like this year.

We use all different websites to try and find a lower fair but they are all expensive.  I know most people use miles or credits from their credit card.   My question is are people seeing these high roundtrip prices to Europe from US?  Are these prices about the normal price even if you book 6 weeks or a month in advance.    Any tips...... if we wait another month or so to book will the prices go down.  It is really a shame to have to fly Economy for these prices.

Thank you and have a nice day. 

If you don’t already have one, find a TA that works with airline consolidators.  
Maybe consider a different airport to fly from, like MIA.  Maybe not as convenient to get to, but you may find more airline choices.  We live in Tucson, and travel to LAX to fly to Europe because there’s more choice and better prices 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Airline consolidators can be helpful. We are rt out of SFO to VCE next month. Had miles banked from a cancelled trip last year that covered rt business. Watched the fares to buy as well as use points for months. The prices just kept going up. Twice the amount from last year. This year it took OVER twice the miles from last spring. We also worked with a consolidator. He was able to help us return but not get there so we just stayed with the miles, but I will reach out to him for next years travel in addition to my normal routes just in case. Good luck. I am hearing this from everyone 

• Thanks 1

Hi

If you fly from JFK to Milan (Malpensa), I can see the non-stop flight on Emirates on 16 June returning 21 July is currently just $3126 for two persons Economy.

Of course, you'll need to get to and from JFK, to and from Venice, and on to Chioggia(?).

Lots of changes, but travel light, and maybe it will be viable.

Edited by blag
Typo
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is helpful, but maybe a comparator is a useful bit of info... to fly into a largish midwestern city *one way* from Venice in "premium economy" we paid $2.8k for two tickets.  I booked the tickets about 6 weeks ago, and we fly in October. I hope that is useful for you and good luck!