Guaranteed Stateroom

CNDKangaroo

I've tried looking to see how many stateroom are available but it is only allowing me to try and book a guaranteed stateroom for a cruise in June.  I am curious why there isn't an availability of staterooms that I could choose?  

If there are only GTY rooms, the most likely reason is that cruise is nearly sold out.  Often Celebrity knows that travel agents have blocks of rooms held, than have not sold.  They know they'll be getting these back, so they'll sell the GTY booking, and then assign rooms when the blocks are released by agents. 

Otherwise, there are cases where there are very few rooms left at all, and Celebrity can increase their flexibility by only offering GTY bookings.  It allows them to move things around for issues like rooms needed for guest entertainers and so forth. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Good chance that they are using the lower price Guarantee as a method of reducing prices and not having to match prices to people with assigned cabins.  

You also might want to try a TA to see if they have access to cabins.   Often Agents have blocks of rooms that aren't showing.

The category and/or the entire cruise is near capacity. The TA scenario isn’t very accurate. TA’s do not hold specific cabins and for a cruise in June their inventory that was held but not sold by them has already been forfeited. 

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Good chance that they are using the lower price Guarantee as a method of reducing prices and not having to match prices to people with assigned cabins.  

You also might want to try a TA to see if they have access to cabins.   Often Agents have blocks of rooms that aren't showing.

This makes sense. If people have no comparable price point they can’t ask for an adjustment. 

I had a situation like you that there were cabins available but only Guarantee -  I checked with my Agent and was told that the Guarantees were S2 and the room available were S1.   Still not sure why not available to book.     I did book and got assigned a S1 so called my agent and he was able to change my room to a S1 that was available.