Masters Broadcast

wendellman

4 hours ago, wendellman said:

Is the Masters golf tournament currently available on Princess cruises?

I cannot answer if it available on your cruise, but I have been using the Masters app on my phone and tablet for probably 5-6 years. I believe they also stream from the Masters website. So if you have internet and any type of phone/tablet/laptop, you can watch on your own device. The app and website also have more coverage than just the broadcast channels. For example, I am currently watching coverage at 10:38 AM EST on the app. 

Currently showing previously taped footage. There is a delay for weather. This is the second delay. 2 very large trees blew down across the tee area at the 17th hole.

Sam Bennet (the amateur) has played his first two rounds grouped with Scottie Sheffler and Max Homa. They finished the second round. Bennet smoked both of them by a huge margin. Homa finished even, Sheffler finished -1, and Bennet finished -8. Looking good for the kid. 😎

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

Update on the Masters:

I was wrong about the trees. Actually it was 3 trees that blew down across the17th tee. As of a short while ago golf was suspended for the rest of the day. It will (hopefully) resume tomorrow at 8 AM EST. If it does resume then the weather will be much different. Yesterday it was 85° F and tomorrow it should be somewhere around 55° F - 60° F.

Woods had to stop after 17 holes so will have to finish the second round tomorrow morning to find out if he makes the cut. He's currently at +2 which is right at the cut line. If he doesn't bogey (or worse) on the last hole he should make the cut. That would be 23 consecutive cuts made at the Masters which would hold the record for consecutive cuts held by Gary Player and Fred Couples. (It's looking like Couples will likely make it as the oldest player to ever make the cut at the Masters.)

Due to having to finish yesterday's round today and the horrible weather (40s and pouring rain) the cut line got moved to +3 so Woods made his goal of tying Fred Couples and Gary Player for making 23 consecutive cuts at the Masters. Fred Couples made the "goal" of becoming the oldest player to make the cut at the Masters. Our home town golfer - Kurt Kitayama - missed the cut. Poop.

For some bizarre reason lightning hasn't stuck any of the LIV golfers who made the cut. BAH!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Due to having to finish yesterday's round today and the horrible weather (40s and pouring rain) 

For some bizarre reason lightning hasn't stuck any of the LIV golfers who made the cut. BAH!!!

Aw now now now.!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You would not want anyone getting struck by lightning. Heck they are lucky those trees did not strike anyone either.  I am glad they got some time and then called the game.  Not great for the fans to stand out and the greens are too watery now.

PS I am glad some LIV player made it to the weekend.   Brooks should be respected for NOT wearing his LIV logos.  Others are wearing them though.