Thought I Had Booked Princess Plus

dsprag5

Hi 

Hope everyone is well!

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this before?

A hour or so ago I booked a cruise-tour to Alaska - I selected Princess Plus at the point of search. If i select Princess Standard it doesn't even show a price, just says that fare isn't available.

However on during the booking it mentioned nothing about picking a package and then in travel summary it mentions nothing about any drinks package/wifi/tips or anything like that. (In my cruise personaliser when I select the drinks package and tips it says I have to pay for them, rather then they are included)

So have I booked a standard fare rather than a plus?  Obviously I'll give them a call in the morning, was just wondering if anyone else had done something similar in the past and how it was resolved. I thought it was a bit too cheap to be a plus fare!

Thanks!

Screenshot2023-04-08at22_54_03.thumb.png.c283606e72404343fabdf6bd98c3d8a4.png

8 minutes ago, dsprag5 said:

Hi 

Hope everyone is well!

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this before?

A hour or so ago I booked a cruise-tour to Alaska - I selected Princess Plus at the point of search. If i select Princess Standard it doesn't even show a price, just says that fare isn't available.

However on during the booking it mentioned nothing about picking a package and then in travel summary it mentions nothing about any drinks package/wifi/tips or anything like that. (In my cruise personaliser when I select the drinks package and tips it says I have to pay for them, rather then they are included)

So have I booked a standard fare rather than a plus?  Obviously I'll give them a call in the morning, was just wondering if anyone else had done something similar in the past and how it was resolved. I thought it was a bit too cheap to be a plus fare!

Thanks!

Screenshot2023-04-08at22_54_03.thumb.png.c283606e72404343fabdf6bd98c3d8a4.png

We cannot tell from your screenshot what you have booked.  That shot is simply the first page which "gets you started" down the path towards booking.  Selecting that button at the top is NOT where you actually choose "Plus" or "Premier"...but it should be very obvious (as in "in your face") a screen or two forward in the booking process.  If you have actually booked you would had to have supplied credit card info or put it on "hold".  If booked...you should get the email confirmation I spoke of above.

1 minute ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We cannot tell from your screenshot what you have booked.  That shot is simply the first page which "gets you started" down the path towards booking.  Selecting that button at the top is NOT where you actually choose "Plus" or "Premier"...but it should be very obvious (as in "in your face") a screen or two forward in the booking process.  If you have actually booked you would had to have supplied credit card info or put it on "hold".  If booked...you should get the email confirmation I spoke of above.

I just attached that screenshot as it is the only bit in the process where it ever mentioned which package I was choosing.

Thanks for letting me know that, I've just went through the process for a Caribbean cruise and after I pick which stateroom type I want it asks me if I want standard/plus/premier. This didn't happen when I booked the CruiseTour and still doesn't if I go to make another booking. 

I must have just booked a standard fare then -  I will give them a call tomorrow to see if I can add it on. Thanks for your help!

I have been trying to compare prices as I have already booked Princess Plus fare on my booking. I'm not able to pull up the Princess Plus rate even when chosen beforehand.  It automatically prices the standard fare.  There must be a glitch somewhere.  This has been happening for a couple of days.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jmcmo said:

I have been trying to compare prices as I have already booked Princess Plus fare on my booking. I'm not able to pull up the Princess Plus rate even when chosen beforehand.  It automatically prices the standard fare.  There must be a glitch somewhere.  This has been happening for a couple of days.  

Same here.

I booked an Alaska cruise on Princess a couple of days ago.  We chose Princess Standard.  When I access my booking, I get recommendations to upgrade to Princess Plus and also Princess Premier.  Hope you can get the level you wish.  If you have problems, I've been able to resolve them through the chat feature.  Cheers.

Using the Canadian version of the site I’ve experienced the same issue.  I’ve searched for Princess Plus but noticed when I check that box the pricing does not change.  When I get to the point of selecting a category the normal pop up asking if I want to upgrade to Premium does not appear and when I continue my booking there is no mention of the perks.  I’ve reported this to their IT department and will be calling a vacation planner tomorrow.  
Huge glitch in the website.