Tracey Arm

notalandlover

I'm only aware of two ways to do TRACY Arm.  First, is for your ship to arrive in Juneau at 7 a.m. or earlier and stay until at least early evening.  Its a 10 hour trip through Adventure Bound leaving at 8 a.m.  Second, is on a northbound itinerary that arrives in Juneau at 1-ish.  The ship deboards passengers for the TRACY Arm Excursion near the entrance to TRACY Arm and then continues on to Juneau.  The excursion visits TRACY Arm and then meets up with the cruise ship back in Juneau.

Others may know if this excursion is possible on certain southbound itineraries out of Juneau.  Same idea, but in reverse.

If you get the chance, TRACY Arm is a beautiful excursion.

P.S.  Repeat after me:  TRACY Arm, not Tracey Arm.  Icy STRAIT, not Icy Straight.

Edited by quack2
addition

On 4/11/2023 at 10:27 PM, quack2 said:

I'm only aware of two ways to do TRACY Arm.  First, is for your ship to arrive in Juneau at 7 a.m. or earlier and stay until at least early evening.  Its a 10 hour trip through Adventure Bound leaving at 8 a.m.  Second, is on a northbound itinerary that arrives in Juneau at 1-ish.  The ship deboards passengers for the TRACY Arm Excursion near the entrance to TRACY Arm and then continues on to Juneau.  The excursion visits TRACY Arm and then meets up with the cruise ship back in Juneau.

Adventure Bound will accommodate a ship that arrives at 8 am as long as you get off the ship right away. They have picked me up at my ship when I am docked far from their pier. Right now, they are docking near Mount Robert's tram so it is less of a walk from Franklin dock.

Is the Endicott Arm and Tracy Arm tours the same thing? 

I'm booked on the Endicott Arm tour at 1:30pm 5/16 in Juneau (on NCL BLISS), ship arrives at 7am.

Edited by Guyc

1 hour ago, Guyc said:

Is the Endicott Arm and Tracy Arm tours the same thing? 

I'm booked on the Endicott Arm tour at 1:30pm 5/16 in Juneau (on NCL BLISS), ship arrives at 7am.

They are 2 different locations that are near each other. Tracy Arm is more scenic but I have done Endicott Arm and enjoyed myself! I would keep the tour.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 11:27 PM, quack2 said:

Others may know if this excursion is possible on certain southbound itineraries out of Juneau.  Same idea, but in reverse.

If you get the chance, TRACY Arm is a beautiful excursion.

P.S.  Repeat after me:  TRACY Arm, not Tracey Arm.  Icy STRAIT, not Icy Straight.

Allen Marine also does a tour for a 1PM docking that leaves from Juneau. That's what my HAL cruise has available and I confirmed it with AM too.

Not sure when you are going, but maybe they will add that as an option later on? I am leaving for an Alaskan cruise in the 23rd and I remember they only added that excursion option for my cruise maybe a month or so ago. This cruise line option is for us to get onto a smaller boat while in/near Tracy Arm and then get back on the ship while still at sea (vs getting back on ship in Juneau).  I did a similar excursion 10 years ago and it was wonderful.  

7 hours ago, Hllb said:

Allen Marine also does a tour for a 1PM docking that leaves from Juneau. That's what my HAL cruise has available and I confirmed it with AM too.

That tour is only available to those on your ship. I am guessing you end the tour by going from their boat to your cruise ship, right? Or it is done vice versa. 

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, tlw said:

Has anyone done the Adventure Bound trip to Tracy Arm out of Juneau? We are booked on this tour and I would love to hear your thoughts.

Yes - I have done it multiple times. It is great tour! There was a post recently I will try to find.

Can everyone share what ship you’re on and if they are offering the 1 way tour where you get off and then meet the ship later in Juneau or if they are offering the round trip tour from Juneau?  I’m interested in the one way if possible but can’t find any info on NCL Encore yet … it’s too far out for them to offer shore excursions yet.  So I’m curious which ships are offering it. 

2 hours ago, Figg1437 said:

Can everyone share what ship you’re on and if they are offering the 1 way tour where you get off and then meet the ship later in Juneau or if they are offering the round trip tour from Juneau?  I’m interested in the one way if possible but can’t find any info on NCL Encore yet … it’s too far out for them to offer shore excursions yet.  So I’m curious which ships are offering it. 

Carnival Miracle, April 23rd sailing.  Neither of the options you mentioned.  We sail around Tracy Arm on May 1st and get off and back on the ship while sailing around Tracy Arm.