ED pills allowed?

cruzer41

Are the various brands of Sildenafil permitted on a Carnival cruise in limited quantity (ie 5 blue pills in individual packages)? Can these be checked rather than carried on? Is proof of prescription necessary?

Just didn't know if there were any issues with traveling to Mexico and other countries but figured ED meds were fairly common on cruises given the ages of most attendees. 😀

You should always carry "necessary" meds in a carryon - do not trust them in checked luggage.  We also use the 7 day pill organizers - have never been asked for a script, even though we carry a printout from the pharmacy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pe4all said:

You should always carry "necessary" meds in a carryon - do not trust them in checked luggage.  We also use the 7 day pill organizers - have never been asked for a script, even though we carry a printout from the pharmacy.

This isn't a necessary med, more of a backup 🤭. I'd rather check it in a bag if possible rather than carry on. But regardless, my question was more wondering if Sildenafil without a prescription (I have one, just can't locate it) would be permitted. Thanks!!

• Like 1

Anything prescription it's always good to have the prescription for it...just in case they decide that it's not ED, but perhaps something else so you can prove it... but...

That said, I had my hydrocodone (recent tooth issue) and lexapro with me in their own bottles, and then in another ginger pills, ibuprofen and antibiotic (was easier to consolidate).  They didn't bat an eye - they didn't even look at the bottles of wine in my bag.    Next time, if I have multiples, I'm just putting them in one bottle.  The wife has her little pill caddie for hers.  

Perhaps if you had a baggie of 1000 pills it may be different.

27 minutes ago, Sabalon said:

Anything prescription it's always good to have the prescription for it...just in case they decide that it's not ED, but perhaps something else so you can prove it... but...

That said, I had my hydrocodone (recent tooth issue) and lexapro with me in their own bottles, and then in another ginger pills, ibuprofen and antibiotic (was easier to consolidate).  They didn't bat an eye - they didn't even look at the bottles of wine in my bag.    Next time, if I have multiples, I'm just putting them in one bottle.  The wife has her little pill caddie for hers.  

Perhaps if you had a baggie of 1000 pills it may be different.

Thanks, my main concern was being stopped and searched for having a handful of individually wrapped ED pills, would be a little embarrassing as you can imagine. I wouldn't have any others meds in my carry on bag. 

• Like 1