Medallion app does it require a password to set up?

world_traveler_et

The app can be used, but I would sincerely encourage you to use the online version you'll find on the Princess website. It is less troublesome in my experience.

Login to Princess as you would to check your Captain's Circle.  Find the links for the App stores. You'll see the option adjacent to do things online. Click and you're off and running. Choose the option to login with your Princess logins, usually email, then password and your cruise confirmation number. If you login without the confirmation, it will ask you to link the number, which others, including myself, have had no success doing.

Dine My Way was an odd way to do things, but I got through it. You'll see. Point is, it's much better than the app. Good luck!

52 minutes ago, world_traveler_et said:

Yet another medallion question.  Sorry if it has been asked and answered.  After you downloading the app will it require setting up a new user name and password?  Or, are we supposed to use the same user name and password that we use for our Captain Circle?  Thanks in advance! 

Use the same login credentials that you use on the website. User name and password.  Do not set up a new one or reregister, as that will create problems.

• Like 3

I'm having the same issue with the app password.  When I put in my regular Princess password, it doesn't work.  The app wants things like 8 characters, upper, lower, number and special character.  My regular Princess password has all of that except the special character.  I really don't want to set up a new password for the app - not sure what to do.  

2 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

The app can be used, but I would sincerely encourage you to use the online version you'll find on the Princess website. It is less troublesome in my experience.

Login to Princess as you would to check your Captain's Circle.  Find the links for the App stores. You'll see the option adjacent to do things online. Click and you're off and running. Choose the option to login with your Princess logins, usually email, then password and your cruise confirmation number. If you login without the confirmation, it will ask you to link the number, which others, including myself, have had no success doing.

Dine My Way was an odd way to do things, but I got through it. You'll see. Point is, it's much better than the app. Good luck!

I'll give this a try!

On 4/10/2023 at 6:16 PM, mtnesterz said:

Mtnesterz,

Thank you for the advice on filing out the information online rather than thru the app.

Do you know why the app is asking for permission to use my microphone and Bluetooth from my device?  I can maybe see the Bluetooth linking up to the ships WiFi while onboard the ship but what would the purpose of giving the app my microphone permission?

On 4/10/2023 at 10:08 PM, metairiegal said:

I'm having the same issue with the app password.  When I put in my regular Princess password, it doesn't work.  The app wants things like 8 characters, upper, lower, number and special character.  My regular Princess password has all of that except the special character.  I really don't want to set up a new password for the app - not sure what to do.  

Change your password on Princess.com.  Wait a day and then login to the App.  Well, try log in the App right away, but don't be surprised if new pswd doesn't "take" right away.

• Like 2

On 4/10/2023 at 10:08 PM, metairiegal said:

I would try changing the password on the website to match the requirements that the app wants and see if that helps. That was what I had to do when the medallions first came out. Once logged into the app, it seems to keep you logged on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Change your password on Princess.com.  Wait a day and then login to the App.  Well, try log in the App right away, but don't be surprised if new pswd doesn't "take" right away.

Sorry....didn't see your response when I gave my 2 cents worth 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, world_traveler_et said:

Mtnesterz,

Thank you for the advice on filing out the information online rather than thru the app.

Do you know why the app is asking for permission to use my microphone and Bluetooth from my device?  I can maybe see the Bluetooth linking up to the ships WiFi while onboard the ship but what would the purpose of giving the app my microphone permission?

I believe it's because sometimes you can use it instead of typing.