Debark Question

cruzers46

We are sailing on Magic next weekend and wondered what time we can get off and get through customs when we return to PC.  I'm going to set up an Uber to take us to our hotel in Orlando and they don't like to wait around so I'm looking for a time frame. We have priority debarkation for the first time so I'm not sure how it works. Thanks

Don't order the Uber ahead of time.  There are way too many factors involved in determining exactly when you will be getting off the ship, and there is no way you will be able to give the driver an accurate pickup time.

• Like 1

We just got off of the Vista and were in a Suite. They had all of the priority debarkation people go to the main auditorium, but not the Platinum and Diamond guests - they were somewhere else and got off first. If you were carrying your luggage off of the ship yourself, you lined up your luggage according to when you got there - so we were in Group 5 of maybe 8. They let the Platinum and Diamond guests off first, and then called each Group sequentially. Once they started letting people off of the ship, we were off of the ship and through customs within 20-30 minutes and in our Uber by 9:10 am. But, I agree with others, you shouldn't order the Uber until you are out of customs.

• Like 1

One time with priority self-debarkation we were on the road by 7 AM.  The time after that there was some sort of hold-up and we didn't get through customs until nearly 9 AM.  It's impossible to know when you'll get off so it would be a folly to make a ride reservation ahead of time.  There will be plenty of Ubers, Lyfts, and taxis and you won't have to wait long.

• Like 1

I just debarked from Mardis Gras in PC last saturday.  We had a suite and our letter told us to meet in the Palm dining room at 7:30 for self debark.   We noticed others going downstairs and went at 7 instead.   We told the people directing we were a suite and walked right off.  We were through custums and in our car by 7:12.  Never stopped moving except for the facial recognition. 

1 hour ago, cruzers46 said:

Thanks for the info. I'll wait until we get through customs. This is the first time using Uber and I wasn't aware that they were there waiting for fares like cabs.

They usually aren't, but they will be within a few minutes of where you are.  Maybe even dropping off someone who is about to get on the ship!