Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

16 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Have to agree Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme by Paganini is by far my favorite.   

While we decided to sell off Iain's Concert Grand (takes a lot of space) he has an Electronic Piano and plays daily down in the office.  Usually he has headphones on but I often have him play so I can hear it.    It's amazing that he plays without the need of a score except when he's learning something new.

Wow, he's got a great ear! Andrew allows me to keep my baby grand in our 2 BR NYC apartment (it's crammed in there!), and I bought an electric keyboard during the lockdown for our house in Putnam Valley. I usually wear my headphones as I'm not "performance ready". 🤪

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

My fist  date with my first  lover was to see the movie and afterwards he would  play the sound track for me every night to fall asleep.  He passed away from HIV 37 years ago.   In those days it was a death sentence and he was dead within 6 months of diagnosis.   For years and years I dreamed of one day going back in time and seeing and talking to him for one last time.

Iain knew the story and learned the music and played it for me on his Grand Piano on one of our first dates.    He later repeated it last year on Solstice when we had a Piano in our Penthouse. 

IMG_2038.mov 33.92 MB · 7 downloads  

Beautiful story. Thank you for sharing. 

On 6/2/2023 at 10:27 AM, JackE said:

Wow, he's got a great ear! Andrew allows me to keep my baby grand in our 2 BR NYC apartment (it's crammed in there!), and I bought an electric keyboard during the lockdown for our house in Putnam Valley. I usually wear my headphones as I'm not "performance ready". 🤪

I can imagine it could be a bit tight in a NYC Apartment.    He really does have a good ear but also still studies music.   Before we go to an opera he usually buys the script and studies the music before we go.   I'm totally tone deaf and can't even hum in tune.

The one thing I really miss about the Grand Piano is the physical feel of the music. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I can imagine it could be a bit tight in a NYC Apartment.    He really does have a good ear but also still studies music.   Before we go to an opera he usually buys the script and studies the music before we go.   I'm totally tone deaf and can't even hum in tune.

The one thing I really miss about the Grand Piano is the physical feel of the music. 

I know, there's nothing like live music in the room. An apartment, a theatre or a symphony hall. I work in the live entertainment industry, and I feel incredibly lucky to be a part of this world. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, venicecruiser said:

Jim - Since you are looking at other lines, you really should try Seabourn.  They are excellent!

Claudia

Seabourn is on our list.   We just need to find a slot as we have cruises booked trough November 2024.  

• Like 2