Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

It' that time again to spend some time at Sea.   This set of cruises (almost B3B) will be a little different as we will be disembarking in Rotterdam and will spend a week in Amsterdam after the TransAtlantic.     I may end up breaking it into 2 Live Posts

Time is flying by as it always does when the last week before the cruise approaches.   We will be flying to FLL on Thursday April 13.

First up will be a 7 day - Key West and Belize cruise on Apex.

image.png.aab2ecf85b9a46201c618a5df856264a.png

7 Night Key West  Belize and Grand Cayman Cruise from Fort Lauderdale

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

Sounds wonderful.  Would love to hear about your land portion alos.

Will definitely post.    We have booked a 2 Bedroom AirBnB for the week in Amsterdam and Iain's Sister and BIL will be joining us in Amsterdam for the British Isles Cruise.  

Iain has already booked Symphony tickets as well as Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens Tulip Festival.

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

What a pleasure to follow along!   We are taking the Zuiderdam over to Rotterdam on May 12-28 and also spending a week post cruise in Amsterdam.  Our DS and DIL live there.  

The cruises were originally planned to Disembark and Embark in Amsterdam but about 3 months ago they change every other cruise to Rotterdam instead of Amsterdam.   You can only imagine the complaining on the Roll Calls.

We will be disembarking Rotterdam and taking the Train to Amsterdam.   Luckily our British Isle cruise departs Amsterdam but disembarks in Rotterdam.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Have fun 

Thanks -   I'm thinking of posting Daily TA weather condition on an existing TA thread.   There really has been a lot of questions on what the Spring TA weather conditions are like.  

• Like 2

Have been looking forward to your next live post Jim. Have a wonderful trip and I look forward to reading your land portion too. This will keep me going until our Med cruise on Reflection in July. Bon voyage!

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks Bo

Excitement is kicking in but really haven't started packing yet.  

I understand that one well...

Where is your valet? Unless you are changing your mind on what to bring, your valises should be at the ready for the ship!!! LOL

bon voyage

I've been waiting for you to start this, looking forward to following along and see your comments about the first leg compared to what we thought last month.  What type of cabin have you ended up with? 

27 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The cruises were originally planned to Disembark and Embark in Amsterdam but about 3 months ago they change every other cruise to Rotterdam instead of Amsterdam.   You can only imagine the complaining on the Roll Calls.

We will be disembarking Rotterdam and taking the Train to Amsterdam.   Luckily our British Isle cruise departs Amsterdam but disembarks in Rotterdam.

Had to laugh as the APEX TA was moved to Rotterdam from Amsterdam.   We also have a BnB in Amsterdam for a week before taking a HAL to North Cape.  First time on HAL - the itinerary is wonderful.  The HAL cruise was scheduled to arrive and depart from Rotterdam,  then changed to Ijmuiden and finally to Amsterdam.   Go figure.

Oh fantastic! Another Jim and Iian live review to keep me entertained instead of working.

I hope you do post pictures of the tulips, that is one of my bucket list trips, Holland in spring for the tulips.

Have a great trip and thanks for bringing us all along.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks -   I'm thinking of posting Daily TA weather condition on an existing TA thread.   There really has been a lot of questions on what the Spring TA weather conditions are like.  

Hi Jim,

I am very much interested in your weather reports as we dare to go on a Transatlantic for the first time next year in April (22nd) from FLL to Amsterdam on Silhouette.

And of course love to read your posts anyway.... 😉

49 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Also if you post internet speeds that should be interesting 😉

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Will definitely post.    We have booked a 2 Bedroom AirBnB for the week in Amsterdam and Iain's Sister and BIL will be joining us in Amsterdam for the British Isles Cruise.  

Iain has already booked Symphony tickets as well as Tickets for Keukenhof Gardens Tulip Festival.

Hi Jim

Keukenhof Gardens are absolutely beautiful this time of year.

Last time we went there were coaches from Central Station direct to the gardens,,otherwise it’s a convoluted journey with changes by train.

Or you can book tickets for gardens/coach included with maybe a 1.5 hr optional canal boat trip for €50.

BA9E599E-2893-4135-B52E-7692F89E6EA0.jpeg.f9ecaea90e7b13e5b60fb94a246d082f.jpeg

Edited by JeanieC,Aston
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ready to follow along as always. We are heading on the 9 night Solstice cruise to Alaska coming up for our 25th Anniversary! Can't wait to be back on board. You know it has been 2 months - haha! Have a great trip.

• Haha 1