do cruise ships do craft beer?

1 minute ago, lyndarra said:

My wife loved the social interaction with other boats' ladies, usually at the locks. They would all pitch in to get boats through and have a good old chat as well.

The boats travel at, and some times less than, walking speed depending on how fast one walks. My wife was an avid walker and this suited her. I would arrive at a lock to find she had it already set up up.

The boats we hired (from Black Prince Holidays) are fully self contained, even central heating. All you need to take on board is food, as there is a proper kitchen, if you don't want pub grub.

Such happy memories!!  Central heating what luxury in a riverboat.  yes it is a social lifestyle even for walkers like me without a boat.  My daughter rented a big riverboat in London and they all sat on the roof.  I dreamt of renting one like you. I loved how they could set up their boats in dream locations like Windsor then walk to the nearest pub.  When we did land travel in UK we would stop at these pubs for a pub lunch.  Good way to meet locals.

• Like 1

Do cruise ships do craft beer? I guess that would depend on how you define "craft beer". I would suggest the very volume of product required to service a cruise ship contract would preclude any notion of "craft". I would suggest that you are much more likely to find a craft beer at a pub or vendor while ashore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Do cruise ships do craft beer? I guess that would depend on how you define "craft beer". I would suggest the very volume of product required to service a cruise ship contract would preclude any notion of "craft". I would suggest that you are much more likely to find a craft beer at a pub or vendor while ashore.

There is a craft brewery right on the wharf where the ships berth in Cairns.

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

There is a craft brewery right on the wharf where the ships berth in Cairns.

That is a clever brewer, offer a quality product right there. A welcome relief for the beer connoisseurs from the ships who feel let down by the selection on the ship.