Celebrity Apex - StarLink speed

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Those look pretty solid. 

Thanks.  The internet has been pretty reliable.  There have been issues with moving about the ship but reconnecting resolves them quickly.

11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Thanks.  The internet has been pretty reliable.  There have been issues with moving about the ship but reconnecting resolves them quickly.

While in Port Everglades I had some issues.   I talk to one of my Daughter's daily.   Wifi was really flaky and voice wobble.   Walking, I also got dropped 3X and finally flipped on T-Mobile. 

While walking you get get handed off between different routers and it's not uncommon to get dropped.   Also of course speeds depend on our closeness to a router and possible the overlap area is where the signal is unstable.

4 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

We are considering Equinox this fall.  How is it?

What is the cost for basic and premium?  If premium is as slow as these speediest show, how slow is basic?  Can you even do email with basic?

my speeds are based on the Premium that comes with a Sky Suite.

This is my first Celebrity sailing with StarLink so I cannot speak to the performance of Basic WiFi.

Was on Silhouette 04/10 thru 04/20.  Eastern Caribbean.   Starlink.  Premium WiFi .  Typical speeds during day were 5 down and 3 up similar to what others have been reporting.  ( faster at late night)  Internet was stable  and had no issues with internet calling, or browsing.  Did not try any video calling or conferencing or VPN

Android Pixel phones and Pixelbook.    GoogleFi normal provider but of course Airplane mode on

Over all impression was that service is far better that previous offerings

Edited by ZiggyGA
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ZiggyGA said:

Was on Silhouette 04/10 thru 04/20.  Eastern Caribbean.   Starlink.  Premium WiFi .  Typical speeds during day were 5 down and 3 up similar to what others have been reporting.  ( faster at late night)  Internet was stable  and had no issues with internet calling, or browsing.  Did not try any video calling or conferencing or VPN

Android Pixel phones and Pixelbook.    GoogleFi normal provider but of course Airplane mode on

Over all impression was that service is far better that previous offerings

Thanks Ziggy -  nice speeds but  I've not seen 5/3 on this cruise.    This morning 4 Down and 2 Up.

YouTube TV really choppy this morning -  I ran a test and terrible speeds?  Why?  

I have to spoof GeoLocation to think I'm in California.   NordVPN -   Of course due to VPN blocking location it can't even see we are on Starlink... but cuts the already slow speed by 2/3 -  Good thing is that even with these speeds it buffers and not pause for the buffer 95% of the time.

image.thumb.png.ab771713412486b2ab4a5bbf78e90b1e.png

3 hours ago, Gaynors said:

Connie update here ..11am.. sunset bar...we are now 4 hrs ahead of EST.

Speeds have been consistent

We are right behind you by about 2 days...  We are in smooth waters but suspect from what I can see from your position it's 5-10 foot swells.

Just took a look at the ships... We have all the ships on the way to Europe --  Purple ships are Celebrity.   Should have some pretty reliable information on all the routes.

image.thumb.png.ebb75ebcc128c2760e3875c1b5b095f7.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

4/26/2023  

Position about 150 Miles  north east of Hamilton

Last night tv streaming was pretty good except 2x the picture was coming though well but voice wasn't arriving.  I rewould about 30 seconds to allow it to buffer more and worked perfect.

Speeds are almost the same as last night -  will be trying a zoom call this morning. 

IMG_2717.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

On 4/25/2023 at 6:24 AM, bnurick said:

Good morning from the Silhouette.  Here are our speeds.  Consistent the entire trip.  Cheers!

IMG_1008.jpeg

IMG_1006.jpeg

Thanks much.   How’s the weather and seas.   We are a bit south and staying a bit further south.   5- 7 foot waves.   I was wondering if StarLink is better at holding connections