What happened to Brilliant Lady

Wildcatllamas

I am looking on my cancellation email for Brilliant Lady and I dont see the 2025 schedule on it or the where the links take me. Do I have to complete and submit the rebooking form to see the schedule?

5 minutes ago, CanadianCruiser21 said:

I see it too!

Not a lot of detail and not too organized. Still interesting! 

19 minutes ago, jamesv92 said:

Just noticed from the brilliant Lady rebooking form the full schedule in to 2025 is now visible if you go to 'select your desired voyage '

1 minute ago, Freelancer3 said:

I am looking on my cancellation email for Brilliant Lady and I dont see the 2025 schedule on it or the where the links take me. Do I have to complete and submit the rebooking form to see the schedule?

It's on the offer request form, select desired voyage drop down. Sorted by ship departures in to 2025.

2 minutes ago, Freelancer3 said:

The link is in the first open email notifying anyone and everyone that they were cancelling and changing sailings.  

Just now, SuperRoo said:

I just got a notice today that my Brilliant Lady sailing was cancelled.  I was booked for 1/6/2024 -1/13/2024 on the Lesser Antilles Itinerary 😭

Don't feel bad they cancelled my Eastern Caribbean for 1/13/2024 to 1/21/2024.  This is the 2nd time and LAST they have done this to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mbot222000 said:

So those of us that have booked on one of the SJ trips that is being taken over by the Valiant have to do nothing? They'll just automatically shift cabins, etc. to the Valiant? We are travelling with another couple and our TA got us adjacent cabins previously on the BL.

According to the email we received, we don't have to do anything. 

Just now, Watchmen said:

Good luck today, TAs! I think Virgin is doing the best it can, but haters gonna hate. I get some will be inconvenienced, but life happens. 

"haters" = people who were scheduled to be on a ship that is ready, but were kicked off to accommodate people who were scheduled for a ship that isn't ready

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ghostshark said:

"haters" = people who were scheduled to be on a ship that is ready, but were kicked off to accommodate people who were scheduled for a ship that isn't ready

EXACTLY.  I was very patient and understanding when they cancelled my Valiant Lady sailing for January 2022 due to the shutdowns and issues.  I rescheduled to January 2024.  Having it yanked away again for the dumbest of reasons doesn't make me a hater.  It makes me a former customer.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, BeasleysMom66 said:

The link is in the first open email notifying anyone and everyone that they were cancelling and changing sailings.  

20 minutes ago, jamesv92 said:

It's on the offer request form, select desired voyage drop down. Sorted by ship departures in to 2025.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, BeasleysMom66 said:

EXACTLY.  I was very patient and understanding when they cancelled my Valiant Lady sailing for January 2022 due to the shutdowns and issues.  I rescheduled to January 2024.  Having it yanked away again for the dumbest of reasons doesn't make me a hater.  It makes me a former customer.

It’s not the dumbest of reasons if the San Juan itineraries were selling better, if there was more people booked on those cruises it makes sense to switch the ship to the more popular port.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BeasleysMom66 said:

A great idea except I had a Rock Star Aft suite and none are available.  This is the 2nd time Virgin has cancelled on me.  I am done booking and wasting time with it.  I have a small window that I can do a cruise in due to my job demands and I need a more reliable line.  Sorry Virgin you just aren't getting it done.  Maybe when I retire one day.....

We had a Rock Star too...and this was for our 25th Anniversary. I am SO annoyed and work is crazy so now I have to take time to find a new cruise.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ghostshark said:

There were more people booked on the San Juan based sailings than the Miami based sailings, so they chose to inconvenience a smaller amount of people. Makes sense to me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CineGraphic said:

There were more people booked on the San Juan based sailings than the Miami based sailings, so they chose to inconvenience a smaller amount of people. Makes sense to me.

they chose to inconvenience the people who *didn't* gamble on a new ship being ready to sail on time, to pay off the people who *did* gamble

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

My January was moved to Valiant...is OK.  My April being cancelled...is also OK.  Being able to switch to a 14 Day Transatlantic, in the same XL Sea Terrace, for no extra charge is amazing. 

I thought I had reached the end of my literal wave, considering I booked a single cruise in a Solo Sea View in 2020 and now I've ended up with five sailings in XL Sea Terrace's for no extra $$ out of pocket, I can't complain. 

I realize not everyone is in the same boat (another pun), although many likely are.  The Virgin Saga continues for us that have stuck with it since the beginning.

Edited by B747Purdue
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

If I understand correctly: The 1-13 cruise to Puerto Rico, St Croix, etc, is still ON but they removed us and gave it to those who were on the Brilliant Lady?

14th of January to the 19th of January has mega and rockstar available for booking. Not what you originally had planned but it’s the same cabins and period etc. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

It’s not the dumbest of reasons if the San Juan itineraries were selling better, if there was more people booked on those cruises it makes sense to switch the ship to the more popular port.

It's not a more popular port; the newest ship always sells better than it's predecessors. Now they lose all the bookings from Valiant, plus inevitably some of the bookings from Brilliant because of switching ships.

It's a rookie mistake, one Virgin is unlikely to repeat in the future after it hits their bottom line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1