Does Oceania anchor off of Amalfi or Positano?

Lance&Jen

We'll be stopping in "Amalfi/Positano" in October.  Does anyone know which of the two Oceania actually anchors off of?  The cruise port schedules on cruisemapper, etc. show them in Positano but I have heard elsewhere that they anchor off Amalfi. Thanks.

I am on the same cruise I think.  I checked the website for who’s in port and it shows anchoring in Positano.  I’ve always heard Amalfi and it’s listed as Amalfi/Positano so still confused.  

We have anchored off both in the past. It probably shows both because they will have tours going in both locations as there are great sights to be seen. Loved the scene from up in Ravello of the coastline from the amphitheater, spectacular. Once we’re were anchoring in Positano and ended up docked in Naples due to winds and waves.  Be flexible 🙏👍🤙

Mauibabes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maadimom said:

I am on the same cruise I think.  I checked the website for who’s in port and it shows anchoring in Positano.  I’ve always heard Amalfi and it’s listed as Amalfi/Positano so still confused.  

Sept 29th out of almost Barcelona, LOL.  And this is exactly why it is unclear.

It looks like there is good ferry service between the two cities if we want to explore whichever city we're not in.

On 4/18/2023 at 1:31 PM, mauibabes said:

We have anchored off both in the past. It probably shows both because they will have tours going in both locations as there are great sights to be seen. Loved the scene from up in Ravello of the coastline from the amphitheater, spectacular. Once we’re were anchoring in Positano and ended up docked in Naples due to winds and waves.  Be flexible 🙏👍🤙

Mauibabes

Completely agree about being flexible.   3 times on 3 different cruises we have been schedule to anchor in Amalfi and 3 times we had to either go to a different port (Naples) or cancel the stop.

On 4/21/2023 at 6:41 PM, Lance&Jen said:

just got an answer from Oceania.  For this cruise it anchors off Positano, which agrees with the on-line port schedules.

Thanks for checking.  That will help with planning.  

We do have a roll call.  You should check it out.

Edited by maadimom

On 4/21/2023 at 8:41 PM, Lance&Jen said:

just got an answer from Oceania.  For this cruise it anchors off Positano, which agrees with the on-line port schedules.

We have gone once to Positano, once to Amalfi and once to Sorrento. The Sorrento tendering was not planned but it was to windy/rough to tender in either Positao or Amalfi. I would just have some backup plans for Positano in case they change the port due to weather. The other backup is Naples.