Equinox ABC's - Best yet.....

Duanerice1

On 4/17/2023 at 10:29 PM, mahdnc said:

When we visited Curaçao in Jan 2019 (Reflection), we rented a car through Avis which had an office in the shops right in front of the cruise pier.

image.thumb.jpeg.9337a0aa23d64ba118c4d8eaf93392f3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5970e4c0db80b330e8d67c7a3a9be861.jpeg

Is it safe to presume that you just walked up without a reservation?  That is what I gathered from your post.  What time did you disembark?  Was the office busy, adequately staffed, and/or flooded with inquiries?  Thanks in advance for the additional clarification.

36 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Is it safe to presume that you just walked up without a reservation?  That is what I gathered from your post.  What time did you disembark?  Was the office busy, adequately staffed, and/or flooded with inquiries?  Thanks in advance for the additional clarification.

I made a reservation in advance because we needed an SUV to drive all four of us and our gear to the other side of the island for a boat dive that we arranged by around 8am. 

We docked at 7am and we were the only ship there at the time although a second smaller cruise ship arrived later. The office was not busy at all when we got there. 

IMG_3571.thumb.jpeg.238555958e2b8a2df3a406543430f417.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

one other small detail to add: 

when I booked the SUV through the Avis website, it was very unclear what the office hours were. I don’t remember what the website said, but it had office hours listed that were not favorable for my schedule. In the end, the Avis office at the pier had hours that match the cruise ship schedule which makes sense. You can see that printed in the photo that I posted earlier ("from arrival till departure of ship") and you can see why it would be difficult to post that clearly on the central Avid website. 

Edited by mahdnc