Yes...another Voyagers Club Question

ThxMomnDad

Hi Folks,

I've spent the past 2 hours reading every MSC Voyagers Club question on this board but I'm still confused about one thing. I'm preparing to book a November cruise on the Meraviglia which will be our first MSC cruise. We've sailed on a few CCL and NCL cruises and are Gold with CCL and Silver with NCL. I'm reading that if you're a member of the MSC Voyagers Club, you get 5% off your cruise fare. Does that mean that if I sign up for the club now, I'll get 5% off when I book our cruise tomorrow? I have not done a status match if that makes a difference. Not sure if I should bother if I'm only gold or silver on the other two cruise lines.

Any help would be appreciated!

They may not give you the Status Match until you have a confirmed booking. But once they do, you will receive the 5% discount by contacting MSC. Also if you book as you say you are going to do, it is in the 6 to 9 month period for which MSC will give you an additional 5% off the didcounted fare. It is not a 10% discount but -5% plus an additional -5%.

• Like 1

I applied for the status match a few weeks ago and received a response the next day.  After that, when I was looking at cruise options and added the Voyagers Club number they sent me in response to my status match, the prices updated right away.

image.thumb.png.be260efd898bc4da0249c9c99dc61208.png

• Like 1

I've was trying for several years to get my status match. Sending them my CCL and NCL membership numbers and screenshots of my computer screen opened to their past passenger pages wasn't good enough. They wanted pics of my cruise ship cabin cards and i toss them the first chance i get. Maybe i was unlucky but don't count on your match happening easily. I never got matched.

Edited by CruiseScrooge
more info
  • Like 1

I made my first booking before I signed up for Voyager's Club. I then matched to my online TA status because I had nothing else to use for matching purposes. (The chart that is posted in these forums stated I would get Gold based on my Gold level, but I only got Silver. Oh well, no biggee). Anyways, I then booked a second cruise, entered my Voayger number and got my 5% discount.

Seeing that my original booking did not have my Voyager's number attached to it, I asked them to add it. They applied my 5% discount (which I did not expect) and dropped my balance due.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for your input! So from what you've all said, looks like I can book my cruise now and then sign up for Voyagers Club after and also do the status match at a later time.

Appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge!

• Like 1