Dining on the QM2

KansasCityGuys

Does anyone know if two couple who are traveling together in a different category of staterooms. One couple is booked in a Balcony Stateroom who is scheduled to dine in the Britannica Restaurant while the other couple is in a Britannica Club Stateroom. Can the couple who are scheduled to dine in the Britannica Club, dine with the other couple in the Britannica Restaurant? I do know the couple who has the Britannica Restaurant can not dine in the Club restaurant.

I did try to search for the Maitre' D's email address on the QM2. Does anyone know what it is?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KansasCityGuys said:

Does anyone know if two couple who are traveling together in a different category of staterooms. One couple is booked in a Balcony Stateroom who is scheduled to dine in the Britannica Restaurant while the other couple is in a Britannica Club Stateroom. Can the couple who are scheduled to dine in the Britannica Club, dine with the other couple in the Britannica Restaurant? I do know the couple who has the Britannica Restaurant can not dine in the Club restaurant.

I did try to search for the Maitre' D's email address on the QM2. Does anyone know what it is?

Absolutely. Just get the couple in the Britannia Club to have a word with their Maitre d' who will have a word with the Britannia's Maitre d'. It will of course be easier should you not have requested a table for two.

We did similar twice while in Queens Grill onboard Queen Mary 2 for a 56 night voyage to Sydney. We just really wanted a change of scenery and someone different to talk to.It worked out very well.  

12 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Sorry, have I missed the point here? Brit. Club costs a fair bit more than Britannia, and the main perk is the dining, so what is the point of booking it, if one chooses to dine elsewhere?

I knew I would be asked this by someone and I agree with you. The one couple who are booked in the Britannica Club; they are very specific in where they want their stateroom. The Balcony stateroom locations which are still available with the dining in the Britannica Restaurant are not suitable for this couple.

21 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Sorry, have I missed the point here? Brit. Club costs a fair bit more than Britannia, and the main perk is the dining, so what is the point of booking it, if one chooses to dine elsewhere?

I've just donned my tin hat. 😂😂

Edited by Solent Richard

2 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

Unless you're all joined at the hip, why not be happy having breakfast and lunch in the Britannia MDR together, and allow your "Club" friends to enjoy their dinner in the category in which they are paying a premium.

At least a few times on the voyage.

8 hours ago, KansasCityGuys said:

Those residing above the salt are always allowed to dine below the salt if they wish but do seek permission from the appropriate Maitre'd as they may have occupancy/staffing issues on any given evening.