Three generation precruise overnight Ft Lauderdale

Junebug624

I have read everything I can here. Our group of 10 has 5 adults and 5 kids 1-15.  We arrive at Ft Lauderdale airport just in time to need dinner nearby as soon as we get to our hotel.   I need suggestions for hotel that is moderate (is under $250 x 3 rooms with taxes and fees even possible?), clean, has included breakfast since different ages may want to eat at different times.  I find some that meet the criteria but they are so far out that the UBER costs from airport to hotel and hotel to Port Everglades is concerning when you need 2-3 cars.      If we have to be several miles from the two destinations, are we better to look south or north?    Thank you!

Edited by Junebug624
left out a detail

Try the Dania Beach hotels. We got a rate of $225 with tax at Hyatt Place, with breakfast and free airport shuttle.  There's also a Springhill suites right near there, and a few others.

For that many people, I would book a shuttle service in advance.  We're using Larry's Limos for our cruise in July based on reviews here and elsewhere online. 

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad
  • Like 1

Try booking Hyatt Place with ValueTrips or as a Hyatt member. Hyatt Place is a great location right next door to the Harbor shopping center with a Publix market and a few restaurants. Our favorite is Duffy's. HP offers a shuttle from FLL to their hotel for $5.00 per room reservation.

If you need a shuttle service from hotel to Port Everglades try South Florida Shuttles...they also offer carseats as needed. You also might consider booking them round trip to get you all back from port to airport.

If you stay in Dania Beach near US1 (Federal Highway), pretty much immediately south of the airport (and a 10 minute ride to Port Everglades), you might want to put Jaxson’s Ice Cream Parkornon your radar for dinner. https://jaxsonsicecream.com

It is usually on the top ten lists of America. ice cream parlors. It has a food menu of burgers, hot dogs, and similar fare. OK, but not outstanding. Now the ice cream? Thats a different (good) story.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FOPMan said:

If you stay in Dania Beach near US1 (Federal Highway), pretty much immediately south of the airport (and a 10 minute ride to Port Everglades), you might want to put Jaxson’s Ice Cream Parkornon your radar for dinner. https://jaxsonsicecream.com

It is usually on the top ten lists of America. ice cream parlors. It has a food menu of burgers, hot dogs, and similar fare. OK, but not outstanding. Now the ice cream? Thats a different (good) story.

It is also within walking distance of the Dania Pointe location hotels.  Made the walk several times for that ice cream and since I walked, three scoops for me!

20 hours ago, Junebug624 said:

I have read everything I can here. Our group of 10 has 5 adults and 5 kids 1-15.  We arrive at Ft Lauderdale airport just in time to need dinner nearby as soon as we get to our hotel.   I need suggestions for hotel that is moderate (is under $250 x 3 rooms with taxes and fees even possible?), clean, has included breakfast since different ages may want to eat at different times.  I find some that meet the criteria but they are so far out that the UBER costs from airport to hotel and hotel to Port Everglades is concerning when you need 2-3 cars.      If we have to be several miles from the two destinations, are we better to look south or north?    Thank you!

The Hyatt Place or Hyatt House in Dania Beach, have a ton of restaurants near by, free airport shuttle and Port Everglades shuttles.  Both have breakfast.  The Hyatt Place rooms are huge.

23 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

It is also within walking distance of the Dania Pointe location hotels.  Made the walk several times for that ice cream and since I walked, three scoops for me!

Given the age variation involved, a two block walk range seemed more reasonable. While I love Jaxson’s and have been going to it since 1972 or so, for myself, in my 50s, I’d rather be at Southport and have another round with the bartender who served me my first legal drink at Quarterdeck.  

I still wouldn’t turn down a cone from Jaxson’s, though and have been known to run over just for dessert if we had a car available (which we almost always do, through friends and family in the area).