Getting Fares Reduced

foodsvcmgr

2 hours ago, sebas030 said:

But I think if you used a CruiseNext promo they will take the "bonus" amount off and apply only the amount really paid for the CN voucher.

Right ?

I believe there are some stipulations like that around CruiseFirst if you cancel and rebook the same cruise, although I don't know if a price adjustment would trigger that stipulation.

9 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I believe there are some stipulations like that around CruiseFirst if you cancel and rebook the same cruise, although I don't know if a price adjustment would trigger that stipulation.

You are correct.  Here is a portion of the CruiseFirst Terms and Conditions:

1. CruiseFirst certificates are valid for new reservations ONLY that book and sail within 3 years of original certificate purchase date.  Voyage date must be more than 120 days from original purchase date. Not applicable towards canceled / rebooked reservations.  If a guest with an existing reservation cancels and rebooks the same ship and sail date with a CruiseFirst certificate, the additional value of the CruiseFirst certificate will be removed.

23 hours ago, julig22 said:

Sorry, my comments were with respect to US bookings. I believe there maybe penalties for changing reservations in your case.  I have no idea how CN vouchers affect your bookings, they don't have any effect, other than as a payment, in the US, so can't say why your price may have changed.

Yes, the DSC has changed and that is one reason to keep notice of the booking date.

The excursion credit has been per excursion for a number of years - I know that I got multiple excursions/port clear back in 2019 (I thought they'd made a mistake at the time). But they have changed the verbage to clarify how it works.

If you request a price adjustment now it will most likely affect both the dining credits and wifi minutes.

the excursion credit was most definitely per port on my last 2 cruises, October 21 and Feb 22. That could have been a quirk of the EU t&cs, once upon a time our FAS Beverage package included specialty coffees with meals and 6 x 1Lt bottles of still water, but back then I also could only pick 2 FAS perks. 

4 hours ago, sebas030 said:

I think if I ask NCL later for a fare reduction the will cancel and rebook at the new lowest price but I will also loose the $250 bonus that NCL gave me.

If you got a CruiseNEXT I don't think that's the case at all.  Firstly - with CruiseNext  you're buying two and then getting half of that back.  These are issued in two $250 certificates that can be applied one at a time (toward two cruises) or two at a time for applicable cabins when the double-up promotion is running.  If you cancel you are refunded in the original form of payment, based on refund policies.  They can not 'keep' your second CNC/CND if you used two and are before final payment.

There is nothing in the CruiseNext terms that indicates you surrender any "bonus" if you cancel a cruise booked using a CruiseNext certificate.  Point 9 in the T&C's comes closest to addressing this - https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

4 hours ago, sebas030 said:

I think if I ask NCL later for a fare reduction the will cancel and rebook at the new lowest price but I will also loose the $250 bonus that NCL gave me.

If you got a CruiseNEXT I don't think that's the case at all.  Firstly - with CruiseNext  you're buying two and then getting half of that back.  These are issued in two $250 certificates that can be applied one at a time (toward two cruises) or two at a time for applicable cabins when the double-up promotion is running.  If you cancel you are refunded in the original form of payment, based on refund policies.  They can not 'keep' your second CNC/CND if you used two and are before final payment.

There is nothing in the CruiseNext terms that indicates you surrender any "bonus" if you cancel a cruise booked using a CruiseNext certificate.  Point 9 in the T&C's comes closest to addressing this - https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

10 minutes ago, hallux said:

Based on how this was worded, I suspect this is about a CruiseFirst certificate, not CruiseNext.  If that is the case, you lose the "match" if you actually cancel and rebook the same cruise. But hard to say if a reprice/adjustment of the same cruise is treated as a cancel/rebook as far as CruiseFirst is concerned.

11 hours ago, julig22 said:

Based on how this was worded, I suspect this is about a CruiseFirst certificate, not CruiseNext.  If that is the case, you lose the "match" if you actually cancel and rebook the same cruise. But hard to say if a reprice/adjustment of the same cruise is treated as a cancel/rebook as far as CruiseFirst is concerned.

You are right, I meant to say CruiseFirst. I emailed my PCC last night about this question in particular and I am waiting on her answer.

Thank you,