Is it unusual for me to try and log in to check my cruise and it says I'm not allowed access to it?

fluffybunny22

Everyone saying that MSC randomly cancels cruises has me paranoid so I've been logging in every day just to check on it. Today it says I can't access that part of the website. I submitted loyalty match requests this morning so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I also submitted a request to transfer the booking to a TA a couple of days ago. Could either of those impact my access to the website? Is this just a bad website or something I should be concerned with? If they cancel a cruise do they notify the TA? I know people have said that they don't notify the customers.

Well, can't be sure, obviously, what your issue is - but can say I've had several occasions when trying to get onto the website or into 'MSC For Me' when the site just hasn't wanted to know.

Usually short-lived glitches. If it's saying the same in 6/12/24 hrs. then you may have a problem - hope not !

3 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

Everyone saying that MSC randomly cancels cruises has me paranoid so I've been logging in every day just to check on it. Today it says I can't access that part of the website. I submitted loyalty match requests this morning so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I also submitted a request to transfer the booking to a TA a couple of days ago. Could either of those impact my access to the website? Is this just a bad website or something I should be concerned with? If they cancel a cruise do they notify the TA? I know people have said that they don't notify the customers.

It may have to do with transferring to the TA. I'd call your TA.

Even after you transfer to a TA, you’ll still be able to log in and look at your booking, and book excursions and packages, but changes to the booking and cruise fare payments will go through your TA.

The MSC website can get glitchy at times which is one of the reasons why having a TA is a good idea when booking MSC. They can help you navigate the glitches and get things rectified. 

• Like 1