Status discount question

fluffybunny22

I submitted status match for all 3 of us and so far 2 have been approved. Can I apply the status match and get the discount on my first cruise with MSC? The cruise isn't until next June so based on my understanding of the program we would get the 5% loyalty discount plus the 5% discount for booking 12 months in advance. TIA.

1 hour ago, fluffybunny22 said:

I submitted status match for all 3 of us and so far 2 have been approved. Can I apply the status match and get the discount on my first cruise with MSC? The cruise isn't until next June so based on my understanding of the program we would get the 5% loyalty discount plus the 5% discount for booking 12 months in advance. TIA.

Yes, contact MSC with your booking number to get the discount. It is 5% for Loyalty and an additional 5% from that amount, not a straight 10%. Also tax and port fees are not discounted so would be added after the discount amount.

Also for the points accrued from onboard spending, only the passenger paying the bill receives those points.

Edited by Heartgrove

19 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

the 5% discount is currently not working on the website. The cruise price stays the same even after entering the number and/or creating a booking from within the account.

Would I need to call to get it applied?

I can give an example of what happened to me once when the website was doing exactly as you describe....

The price was no different whether I added my VC number or did not. It didn't matter if I was logged in or not. The price was the same. I booked anyway and figured that I would have to call to get the discount added. To my surprise, the confirmation pdf that was emailed to me had the discount added and the price was lower than what I had seen on the screen a few minutes earlier. 

I can't guarantee that the same will happen if you book now but it is possible....

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

well, got the pdf file - the price is the same. There is no 5% discount, or $50 OBC for Silver status.... 😞

Which is why so many recommending using a TA when dealing with MSC.