Delayed time on the Caribbean Princess because of extra cleaning. How did it go?

kokopelli-az

Has anyone been on the Caribbean Princess the past couple of weeks had their boarding time delayed because of extra cleaning on the ship?   We board April 21 and received notification today that our 11am boarding slot is now 1pm (other boarding times were delayed, too).   But they still plan on departing Fort Lauderdale at 3:30.    The notification also states the terminal will not open until 1 either.  

How was this handled with so many people trying to board in such a short time?    Please tell me it went smoothly....

We are also on this sailing and our flight arrives in Miami at 9:20am. What will they do with people with princess transfers? Make us wait at the airport? Or take somewhere to kill a couple of hours?  Hopefully boarding will go smoother than boarding the Ruby in San Fransicso.  What a cluster.  2000 people trying to board all at once.  We walked down to fishermans wharf had lunch and killed a couple of hours.  Walked back and still waited in line for three hours to board.  I almost would prefer to cancel than deal with that again.   

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Loritd said:

We are also on this sailing and our flight arrives in Miami at 9:20am. What will they do with people with princess transfers? Make us wait at the airport? Or take somewhere to kill a couple of hours?  Hopefully boarding will go smoother than boarding the Ruby in San Fransicso.  What a cluster.  2000 people trying to board all at once.  We walked down to fishermans wharf had lunch and killed a couple of hours.  Walked back and still waited in line for three hours to board.  I almost would prefer to cancel than deal with that again.   

We boarded a few weeks ago and no issues.  I know that the cruise right behind ours had delayed boarding and I read that it went smoothly.  I will say that Ft Lauderdale boarding is WAY quicker, smoother and better than San Francisco!!!  They are very efficient.

3 hours ago, Loritd said:

This past July we cruised on Discovery Princess out of Seattle.  It was complete chaos.